The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

biggest difference between successful, unsuccessful subconscious

Anything related to matters of the mind

sportf190

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 20, 2011
Ok new to this forum but basically I am wondering how you guys control your subconscious especially when starting out? I would like to know when you ride the high when all you can think about is your dream of money, freedom, boss etc. then the days when you don't feel as motivated and try to stay on task. Does this involve "thinking" about the life to try to replace your brain with more positive thoughts to get that high back. I am trying to work on my brain I have started a wholesaling business for real estate, and the last couple days my rental property needed more money to get rent ready than i thought, which has effected my mood but I am over it and know I will reach success if I continue to follow. How do you guys deal with the ups and downs? thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
I've been struggling with this since I just started my journey recently. The initial high has subsided a bit, my plan is mostly fleshed out now and I'm now having to get my hands dirty and do some of the grunt work necessary to get my idea off the ground. I've woken up several mornings thinking "Why am I doing this? I have a safe, comfy career." I think the answer depends on what motivates you personally. You have to find something you can tell yourself that will prod you into action. For me, I tell myself that I know I'll be infinitely more disappointed if I never try to do something big than I will if I try and fail.

MichaelBluth

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 21, 2011
I learned how to handle ups and downs by playing a lot of tournament golf and midstakes poker. So far my business ventures have been small and I haven't left my comfy full time job, so I haven't had to deal with any serious mental duress.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
I too was having trouble with this before in my previous projects. After the initial high wore off, I got really lazy and didn't push as hard, sometimes just letting my projects go unfinished. I think you have to use your passion to fuel your work. For me, it's my family. I am doing all this work for them so I have all the time and freedom to spend with them. Once I focused in on that, it was easier to snap myself out of my laziness and get going. You also can't confuse passion with your interests. You can be interested in real estate, for example, but when things turn bad in real estate, is that what's going to get you to keep going?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sportf190

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 20, 2011
ok awesome, I simply just am also trying to do alot at once. I bought a rental and have been trying to get it rented to a quality tenant haven't found much and basically needed to spend alot of money repainting and updating, but meanwhile I am spending alot of my money in marketing to try to get a wholesale deal. It is just a way of life I am not used to by spending alot of money instead of saving it, I just keep telling myself I am fine I live at home have not many bills, and if I don't spend this money marketing and following the program how am I going to change the future. I also graduated college and have told every one I am NOT getting a job and am building a business, so it does always annoy me when I go to work everyday as a waiter. I am one of the best and started off terrible I know that like this it will take time before I get good at finding discounted properties etc.

I try to make it a habit that once my brain starts having negative thoughts to keep the positive thoughts coming and my dreams of living in south florida with a business and cashing 5-7k checks come in my head..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.