The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big takeaway from Fastlane & Unscripted.. correct me if I'm wrong

For any book discussion

Been Machine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 28, 2022
I read Fastlane, currently reading Unscripted . Since I'm about to graduate high school (finally) a major takeaway from the books is to avoid stupid debt and blowing your money on dumb BS.

I want to be fastlane. I want to be Unscripted . The problem? No clue how I'm getting there. But so far a big take I noticed so far (see Unscripted pg. 86) is many people want the same things I do (be fastlane & unscripted ) but they end up throwing themselves in immense debt (college, cars, mortgage, etc) that fastlane/unscripted dreams become impossible. Instead of pursuing dreams, they're stuck to a job because of poor decisions.

Honestly.. I don't know how I'm going to achieve my dreams. But a big thing I'm taking away is it's going to be a hell of a lot easier without crippling debt payments. Don't enter adult life with 40k in student loans and a financed brand new car... and life will be easier... right?
-All advice greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Since I'm about to graduate high school (finally) a major takeaway from the books is to avoid stupid debt and blowing your money on dumb BS.

You've grasped only 10% of it, you're missing the other 90%...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Stupid debt is bad. Debt for business growth is amazing.

ji1029

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jul 8, 2021
Something to think about. It's great you read the books, now read them again. I'll share something with you that I've absorbed from MJ, the books and this forum. VALUE. As you get older, think about Value. What does it mean? What does it look like? How will you offer it to the WORLD? It's good you took away the debt part, that's great. But, dealing with that in my opinion will come after you've structured your life in such a way that the decisions you make will deal with it with minimal energy. Focus on value. As MJ told me when I started on this forum, everything else in your life will reveal itself after YOU decide what Value you want to provide to the world and how you make it a better place. Where you go after that will be catalyzed by your starting point.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.