The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Tools For Cold-Calling?

Marketing, social media, advertising

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there's any tools you recommend for more effective cold-calling?

I'm considering signing up for CallFire for their pre-recorded voicemails feature. However, I also don't know anything about cold-calling tools, and was wondering if there's something better you recommend.

Here's an overlook of callfire (also good for outsourcing):

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wrighj03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Sep 20, 2015
Selling a product that lowers their costs. They already use the same product. Mine is the same quality, but cheaper.
1) Start Calls at like 7:30 and go back until you reach them 7:25, 7:20 and 4:30, 4:35...
2)Get an office phone and dont let the receiver leave your ear. Just dial 4-5 rings hang up, dial
3)smile when you talk
4)Stand up while you call
5)internalize your script
6)ask for the appointment
7)Keep track of dials, pick ups, appts and sales
Do you have a solid script?
Hi! My name is Jeff, from XXX I'm calling to set-up an appointment, Have you heard about XYZ?
I can help with the script. But, to answer your original questions the dialers piss people off. Selling to someone pissed before you even talk to them is not good.
I sold yellow page ads, leased filtration water coolers and worked in the telephone room booking appointments for kirby vaccuum.

D

Deleted20833

Seems legit to me, try it out and let
me know how it goes...thinking of using
that service too

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
A dialer will triple the number of calls you would make by hand. If cold calling is your main method of prospecting, I'd definitely get one. You can use a headset and a softphone application (Zoiper, etc) on your computer. Automatic voicemail drop is good, but generally it's better to just speak with the decision maker.

Getting a good list to call is also important, if you don't have one. Sales Genie or other industry-specific list companies will be helpful.

I do sales and marketing for a company that combines a dialer with a CRM and VOIP phones---PM me if you want some info.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
If anyone's interested, I have some notes from a cold calling training seminar, I need to type them up but pm me if anyone wants a copy

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
A dialer will triple the number of calls you would make by hand. If cold calling is your main method of prospecting, I'd definitely get one. You can use a headset and a softphone application (Zoiper, etc) on your computer.

I use normal office phones. Currently have 3 of them.
How do I get this applications set up?
Would be nice to 9-fold my call output lol!

yone's interested, I have some notes from a cold calling training seminar, I need to type them up but pm me if anyone wants a copy

Yes please, always nice.

Btw, I really recommend "Jordan Belfort - Straight Line Persuasion System". You can learn a lot of things on cold calling from his course.
I get my employees to watch some of it with me before we start.

It costs about $2k, but if you are google savy you will manage to find it for free. :)

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
I use normal office phones. Currently have 3 of them.
How do I get this applications set up?
Would be nice to 9-fold my call output lol!

You just buy the dialer. I'm not familiar with the laws of the Netherlands, but any single-line power dialer should be fine. It's a regular phone call, just a lot faster since you're not physically hanging up the phone and dialing the next number. There are also predictive and multi-line dialers that call multiple numbers at once. The only issue with these is that sometimes there is "dead air" where the person is saying "Hello? Hello?" for a few seconds before you get on the line.

They should all work with any phone system. Some are downloadable, others are in the cloud (i.e.- you just log into the site). My company's dialer is in the cloud, for example.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Pretty extensive experience with cold calling. Here are some pointers from my experience:

-always use a script. adjust it, A/B test it, improve it.
-use a CRM to take down as much relevant details
-if you are calling blue collars/contractors (my favourite), early in the morning 730AM to 830AM is the best time to catch them. Once they are out the door, they are unreachable for the day.
-half of successful cold calling is catching the decision maker on the phone. make sure you set follow-up tasks for when they say they have availability
-as someone mentioned above, Striaght-Line persuasion is also my favourite sales training course

LTL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 16, 2012
I've done lots of cold calling to big companies .... once you get past the pitbull (secretaries)
you are pretty much there.....

not really a fan of selling to blue collar/contractors....

anywho callhub is my best tool for SMS and voice blasts

I'm now looking to switch to a a server so I can have my VOIP and CRM

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.