The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Text Message Marketing Service

Marketing, social media, advertising

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
Currently using Getresponse Email marketing but at this point I feel no one even checks their emails anymore or they get deleted or routed directly to spam. In 2021 Email Marketing is a Dinosaur Marketing Tactic.

I feel the marketing money would be better spent on Text Message Marketing. What Service do you guys recommend as the most complete and competitively priced plans SMS Marketing Platforms?

Anyone currently using SMS Marketing with great success? Please share your experience, in your opinion to you find the return on investment greater than that of Email Marketing in todays world?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Community is a great platform which allows unlimited texts, but a bit expensive. It also is native to text messaging.

Telegram is great, and it is free, but their messaging app is not native to text messaging.

I tried Simple Texting service but it was terribly expensive and not suitable for internet companies as they charge per text with limited characters. The service is more suitable for pizza parlors and local restaurants.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have community. I shopped around quite a bit. They are kind of woke and give you warnings if you use words that trigger their system. You can choose to submit the text anyway, but they warn you that they’ll read it and if you violate their “community guidelines” they’ll ban you.

Keep in mind those words, in the context I was using them, were not offensive in any way. I’m sure @MJ DeMarco has seen this as well. But rather than gamble with my list, I chose to just change the words.

That said, I’m also a part-time “CEO” for a Christian TV show, and I have been looking for something for it that isn’t going to give religious content the boot. Maybe Community wouldn’t, but I don’t want to take the chance.

They’re all per message fees… Which, with a large list, like they would have, it would be thousands of dollars per month. So community’s pricing structure is best for that too.

The worst part about community though is that it doesn’t give you the phone numbers of your subscribers. So once you build a list with them, you’re stuck. One can only hope competition makes them better on these fronts.

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
I have community. I shopped around quite a bit. They are kind of woke and give you warnings if you use words that trigger their system. You can choose to submit the text anyway, but they warn you that they’ll read it and if you violate their “community guidelines” they’ll ban you.

Keep in mind those words, in the context I was using them, were not offensive in any way. I’m sure @MJ DeMarco has seen this as well. But rather than gamble with my list, I chose to just change the words.

That said, I’m also a part-time “CEO” for a Christian TV show, and I have been looking for something for it that isn’t going to give religious content the boot. Maybe Community wouldn’t, but I don’t want to take the chance.

They’re all per message fees… Which, with a large list, like they would have, it would be thousands of dollars per month. So community’s pricing structure is best for that too.

The worst part about community though is that it doesn’t give you the phone numbers of your subscribers. So once you build a list with them, you’re stuck. One can only hope competition makes them better on these fronts.

Thank you for sharing your experience, in all your shopping did you come across any Marketing Services that Offered both SMS Marketing as well as Email Marketing at a low monthly price?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I asked them this before I subscribed. You can request your list before you cancel/leave.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Currently using Getresponse Email marketing but at this point I feel no one even checks their emails anymore or they get deleted or routed directly to spam. In 2021 Email Marketing is a Dinosaur Marketing Tactic.

I feel the marketing money would be better spent on Text Message Marketing. What Service do you guys recommend as the most complete and competitively priced plans SMS Marketing Platforms?

Anyone currently using SMS Marketing with great success? Please share your experience, in your opinion to you find the return on investment greater than that of Email Marketing in todays world?
I like ManyChat. I've heard good things about High Level but not used it myself.

Email marketing - yes and no. It's true that it's harder to get peoples' attention these days with an email (though you could probably say that about anything really!) I think there is still a lot of value there for existing clients or customers rather than new ones. People who already know, like and trust you. So for the recent Black Friday promotions, for example, I would have texted new customers with a discount, but emailed my existing customers with a slightly better one.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
1B0EBF76-B389-4E58-8189-80E2A6FD1CD5.jpegthis point I feel no one even checks their emails anymore or they get deleted or routed directly to spam
Mind you, I have 165 unopened messages.
Some of them are from the banks I use. I don’t even open those.

I’m not arguing this type of marketing is not better, but once people start using their phone numbers for signing up to marketing offers, it will become just the same as email.

I have 12694 unopened emails in my personal account.
The only reason I don’t have the same unopened messages is because I avoid giving it every-time I do something online.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Community is a great platform which allows unlimited texts, but a bit expensive. It also is native to text messaging.

I revoke my recommendation on this service. I will be cancelling and it is far too expensive for the value.

I also don't need my text messages reviewed because they flag keywords that might violate their WOKE TOS.

The Unscripted Network will be exclusively on Telegram.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
describe how you'll be doing it.

If you want to do something like send a text to every business owner in a service industry, you can scrape the phone numbers for next to nothing from APIFY, and download it, copy and paste to a simple excel sheet and save

then go to burstsms.com then upload the list and send em out!

it costs HALF A CENT per message.

If you want to setup automations with your phone system, we use ringcentral. You can setup api automations with zapier or make.com to send auto text messages.

For example, in our app that I built, the admin side of things has a list where the office gal can select who is getting a late visit, she presses one button and it sends out customized texts and emails with a late notice alert and any responses are given an auto-message that all inquiries need to be directed through our app or by calling.

It all depends on what you want to do.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just went over 5,000 subscribers on Telegram! Better, it costs me nothing!

That other network would want to charge me $500/mo for the privilege. Nope!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.