The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Business Movie EVER? By Scorsese & Dicaprio - Wolf of Wall Street

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
I actually ran into an area in NJ where they were filming this movie in a half empty shopping center in NJ. After I saw this, I read the book and it is a crazy story.

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
I actually ran into an area in NJ where they were filming this movie in a half empty shopping center in NJ. After I saw this, I read the book and it is a crazy story.

That is cool man! Yeah the book is a hell of a ride, I'm gonna re-read it now.

I'm stoked to see the film. After seeing Gatsby, where I didn't like the story so very much BUT loved the execution of it with Dicaprio and the style of it (e.g. modern music mixed with old.) I can really see this being the best film I've ever seen with Scorsese and Dicaprio, and the production, execution and what they seem to have included in the movie will hopefully be unbeatable.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
Movie looks great. I'll have to check out the book.

It didn't have a release date on the trailer, any idea when that's scheduled to hit theaters?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Jordan Belfort's story is a roller coaster ride. Definitely fastlane. Been waiting to see this movie since 2011.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
A colleague in the office gave me the nickname porush after we went out drinking haha

Cant wait for the movie

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
On IMDB it says November 15 of this year its out in the USA.

I was talking to a guy working on the set. This was back in October. He thought they were trying for a May of this year release at the time, so guess they ran into some setbacks in that.

But yeah, this story is about as fastlane as you can get by staying pseudo within the confinements of the law. Jordan started out as a law abiding hedge fund trader and then just got out of control and outside of the boundaries of the law.

Aspiring to own my own plane one day, the start of the book was pretty intense for me, when he crashes his helicopter in his yard at 3 in the morning when he is high on shrooms or whatever it was after a night of partying in Manhattan and flying home to Long Island late on night.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
The book is crazy fun emphasizing the true essence of wealth interms of material things, with references to 12k silk comforters 50k carpets etc. I actually about a week or so ago wrote it in the what are you reading thread, i even read a few chapters lastnight into this morning the film should be fun can't wait

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
the jordan belfort coaching program is probably the best infoproduct you can get...

will check the movie out, been waiting for this a long time.

FrankSmith

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 13, 2011
the jordan belfort coaching program is probably the best infoproduct you can get...

+1
One of the top 3 sales courses. Good training course to learn script writing and cold calling for your employees.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
pretty expensive at $2k :eek:

FrankSmith

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 13, 2011
Think of the ROI, if you can train your staff to increase conversions 5-10% for the year I am sure the training will be worth its investment. With most training courses you can learn from books however when you spend $2K you have accountability to put things into action, work your a$$ off and make it work.

D

DeletedUser9

I read the book its basically a story of drugs, money, money laundering and his annoying wife.

In one instance he was high off Quaaludes and woke up on 3,000,000 cash which he was about to launder to switzerland on his jet.

workingtitle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 27, 2013
Hope DiCaprio finally gets his Oscar. He's been robbed of it so many times due to the fact that he doesn't have an agent. In Hollywood everyone wants a slice of the pie. For him to win an Oscar would send the message that you don't need an agent to be successful, and be a slap in the face of the industry.

TheBlackLion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 5, 2013
America
Hope DiCaprio finally gets his Oscar. He's been robbed of it so many times due to the fact that he doesn't have an agent. In Hollywood everyone wants a slice of the pie. For him to win an Oscar would send the message that you don't need an agent to be successful, and be a slap in the face of the industry.
I did know that he hasn't gotten his Oscar, but I didn't know he doesn't have an agent. That's very interesting. As for the movie: it honestly looks great, if a bit cookie-cutter, but we'll see. Definitely going to catch this one when it comes around.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
"best business movie?" really?

I really don't get the celebration of a lying criminal. He cheated people and made money of laundering. Hardly competed in the real business world fairly on an even playing level. He is nothing more than a modern day spammer or online identity theft thug who has "slick" and "brilliant" copy in order to deceive people out of their money.

Celebration of drugs n hookers via ripping people off? While amusing for a movie it is disturbing that people are fascinated with all that crap, especially in an entrepreneur forum. Is this what people secretly aspire to be after making some good cash? or all the drugs n hookers really inspiring people to take "shortcuts?".

How would anyone like to have been an investor losing their millions to liars like Belfort? or liars like Madoff?

what value did he deliver? what was his unique selling proposition? lying?

When looking at Belfort's category peers in "business" to see who really stacks up in sales/marketing (lying and deception), Belfort is an absolute CHUMP compared to drug lords, and Bernie Madoff in the financial markets, Enron etc....

Creating and growing legitimate businesses are tough enough. Lying and cheating negates any sales/marketing prowess in my book. I guess I am old fashioned and believe in doing the right thing and ethics n stuff.

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
"best business movie?" really?

I really don't get the celebration of a lying criminal. He cheated people and made money of laundering. Hardly competed in the real business world fairly on an even playing level. He is nothing more than a modern day spammer or online identity theft thug who has "slick" and "brilliant" copy in order to deceive people out of their money.

Celebration of drugs n hookers via ripping people off? While amusing for a movie it is disturbing that people are fascinated with all that crap, especially in an entrepreneur forum. Is this what people secretly aspire to be after making some good cash? or all the drugs n hookers really inspiring people to take "shortcuts?".

How would anyone like to have been an investor losing their millions to liars like Belfort? or liars like Madoff?

When looking at Belfort's category peers in "business" to see who really stacks up in sales/marketing (lying and deception), Belfort is an absolute CHUMP compared to drug lords, and Bernie Madoff in the financial markets, Enron etc....

Creating and growing legitimate businesses are tough enough. Lying and cheating negates any sales/marketing prowess in my book. I guess I am old fashioned and believe in doing the right thing and ethics n stuff.

Hey CommonCents,

I appreciate your comment. First I want to say that I agree with what you're saying.
There is nothing good about all the negative things Jordan did. I actually had a period where I got a big insight, where I realised that a lot of the people I had been looking up to in the business world, with further research, investigation etc.. was F*cking scumbags. Jordan was one of them. After that I've been more cautious about who I listen to, and more skeptic about what they say.

After time, I have realised that probably most people have screwed up, more or less. And Jordan is a very good salesman, which is exactly what I want to become good at. I think that, if I can learn sales from him, and then use it for good. Then it doesn't matter who he is, or what he has done. I don't care anything about him, other than his sales ability.

I also think the movie and his story, as he says himself, serves as a cautionary tale. And I think there is positive things AND negative things to his story and the movie. What I think is good is the sales, drive and ambition (and living the "good life" at the top). What I think is bad is manipulation, no ethics, drugs, hookers and greed.

And honestly there isn't a lot of well produced movies out there about business. If I could choose to see a film that had Dicaprio (my favourite actor and Scorsese my favorite director) with a plot about a 100% ethical business man. I would rather see that.

Most films even however about business and money unfortunately seem to be showing the bad side of it.

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland

His Straight Line System of selling/persuasion.
That's his value, his USP.

That he was able to teach hundreds of guys how to sell and close.
And that he is still teaching this now.

hellokitty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 21, 2013

I think people are so fascinated with the lifestyle they had that it is easy to overlook HOW they got there. I agree with you that these kind of people should not be celebrated. Since movies are designed for entertainment purposes, this movie will be fun to watch – the trailer was funny and Leonardo Dicaprio never fails.

Dutto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 29, 2012
Manchester, England
Here's the best interview on youtube of him, to be fair it does seem he's changed his ways and has even given a lot of then money back too.

[video=youtube;G3K92uugO9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3K92uugO9o&list=PLFA19150F62668A35&index=101[/video]

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
I love this...

A very dear friend of mine and his brother went from an initial investment of $1000 and built that to a $110 Million a year business in just under 7 years.

My friend also said that from start to the $5mil mark, it's all about building the business - then there are substantial systems and processes you need to have in place to get from $5mil to $100mil - and from over $100mil it's all about leverage...

Great video - thanks for sharing!

D

DeletedUser394

Been reading the first book, I have to say it's hilarious. Can't remember the last time I've physically laughed out loud while reading a book. Great stuff.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
[video=youtube;F__5hCMt8s4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__5hCMt8s4[/video]

I'm looping this for 1 day straight now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.