The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best business model?

Chris Gleo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 21, 2018
hey everyone, I want to start an e-commerce company where my salary is separate from the company’s profits. The plan is to pledge 100% of net profits to a local charity I volunteer at, but take a $40,000 salary along the way. What is the best business model to use? Should I form a c Corp or is there a better way?

I’d rather not set up a non profit... Can I just follow the Newman’s Own business model but avoid their legal problems by not owning the foundation I support?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
Charitable giving is one of my main motivators but IMO the best way to do this long term is investing into the business as much as possible to build it up and then eventually investing profits in investments that return cash flow that can then be used to support charities. You still control the capital but have long term lasting income that can be used to help others. A ecommerce business might have a short shelf life compared to a life long pursuit of charity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.