The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best advice for getting your fitness website out there?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sameer Nasir

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2023
Over the past few months, I have been making my own fitness website, where I plan to publish content and sell my own workout plans and other products as well.

On the website, I have been publishing a blog where each week I upload at least one article talking about something involving fitness (ex: I am working on a blog post on variation in exercise right now).

I want to get my blog out there and start building traction to the website. I have already done some research, and have discovered and am implementing things like a Dream 100 list, guest posting, looking into a publication column, etc. However, I wanted to hear what some of you all have done to promote your website that was successful.

What kinds of strategies have worked for you?

Is there something you could recommend me to do, besides the obvious of being patient and consistent?

Cheers and thanks if you respond.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
  • Learn from your competition's successes and failures.
  • Have substantial social media exposure.
  • Stand out from the crowd of the other 10k fitness websites.
  • Rely very heavily on testimonials and emotional pictures.
  • Don't ask for advice on the forum and just do the work instead. See what happens.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Are you extremely athletic, e.g. strong, fast, aesthetic, and can use that to build a massive following on social media (e.g. Tren Twins who went from never-heard-before to everywhere in less than a year)?

No?

Are you highly trained formally (training pro athletes, Ph.D. in a fitness-related field), or have knowledge about a very niche field (e.g. Knees Over Toes guy, Dereck from MPMD)?

Also no? Just a regular guy who likes going to the gym? Good luck competing with 10s if not 100s of thousands of guys like you.

I'm not saying this to discourage you, I just don't see how you could build anything worthwhile if you're neither of those. Being fit and having a passion for fitness was maybe enough in 2008.

Liftvault.com has workout plans from top powerlifters and bodybuilders ever for free, how do you plan to deliver a superior workout plan for a price?

twinmark01

New Contributor
Feb 5, 2023
USA
Thank you for your question! Promoting your website is an important step in building traction and gaining visibility. There are a few things that have worked well for me and others.

First, it is important to optimize your website for search engine visibility by using keywords, meta descriptions, and other SEO techniques. Additionally, leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube can help you reach a larger audience.

Finally, providing quality content is key. Consider partnering with influencers in your space, networking with other professionals in the industry, and building relationships with potential customers. You can also look into advertising on platforms like Google Ads or other similar services.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your website and don't forget to be patient and consistent.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
Thank you for your question! Promoting your website is an important step in building traction and gaining visibility. There are a few things that have worked well for me and others.

First, it is important to optimize your website for search engine visibility by using keywords, meta descriptions, and other SEO techniques. Additionally, leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube can help you reach a larger audience.

Finally, providing quality content is key. Consider partnering with influencers in your space, networking with other professionals in the industry, and building relationships with potential customers. You can also look into advertising on platforms like Google Ads or other similar services.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your website and don't forget to be patient and consistent.

Really looking forward to that automatic GPT detector plugin for the forum.

This starts to get annoying.

1675669861609.png

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 8, 2022
Over the past few months, I have been making my own fitness website, where I plan to publish content and sell my own workout plans and other products as well.

On the website, I have been publishing a blog where each week I upload at least one article talking about something involving fitness (ex: I am working on a blog post on variation in exercise right now).

I want to get my blog out there and start building traction to the website. I have already done some research, and have discovered and am implementing things like a Dream 100 list, guest posting, looking into a publication column, etc. However, I wanted to hear what some of you all have done to promote your website that was successful.

What kinds of strategies have worked for you?

Is there something you could recommend me to do, besides the obvious of being patient and consistent?

Cheers and thanks if you respond.
What makes your site unique?
How are you providing relative value?
What can I get from your site that I can't get anywhere else?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Your only chance whatsoever is to be extremely watchable and entertaining in some way on social media. Anything else and you are doomed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Banned for AI.

I see this is really gonna start being a problem here. User is also from Pakistan, not the "USA." -- FYI, key spammer tell is someone who says they are from the "USA" -- Americans don't say they're from "USA", we typically identify by city or state.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.