The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Belief, Emotion, and Strategy: Do you have all 3?

Anything related to matters of the mind

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Just wanted to share something I picked up at a seminar:

3 critical elements of success: Belief (B), Emotion (E), and Strategy (S). Here is a chart indicating what happens if you lack one or more of the elements:

B, E, S = Effectiveness
B, No E, S = Exhaustion
B, E, No S = Wheel Spinning/Driving Blind
No B, E, S = Waste/Going through Motion
B, No E, No S = Passivity/Faith
No B, E, No S = Chaos
No B, No E, S = Apathy
No B, No E, No S = Stagnation

For me, one of the elements may wane while others wax. I try to make sure all 3 are always 'topped-up'.

If I need more belief, I learn about people that have already 'been-there, done that', and realize that if they, as mere mortals, did it, I can too!
If I need more emotion, I think about why I am doing what I'm doing, or what/whom I'm doing it for.. This stimulates desire - which is a strong root of all emotion.
If I need more strategy, I further educate myself and discuss plans with peers and mentors.

Some people may have a tendency to be weaker in one area. I think I am more an "S" and "B" guy, so exhaustion is something I experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Great post, rep!

I agree that most people are probably stronger in one category, but it's often very difficult to peak with all three. For example: you may be extremely motivated and excited to get started with a new business, but then when it comes time to plan and really take action, that motivation begins to wane and you get discouraged. I guess in that case, it's more pseudo belief and emotion that's involved, but as you progress, I can see each one begin to wane at different points.

B and E (not to be confused with break 'n enter as Dane Cook would call it) seem to be pretty similar to me, though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.