The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[beginners] If you had to spend $500/month on outsourcing, what would it be?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
First world problem: how to spend more money to go as fast as I can go?

My problem is that I want to do everything myself. I'm finally letting go and spending $ on people to code website so I can move onto cold calling.

I'm making a goal to spend $500/month on outsourcing. I profit ~1000/month from my real job after my expenses. I would spend more now, but I have to wait for website to be done to move forward.

Advanced people: how do you handle the mindset of seeing your bank account numbers going downwards in order to invest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NetBorn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 25, 2016
First world problem: how to spend more money to go as fast as I can go?

My problem is that I want to do everything myself. I'm finally letting go and spending $ on people to code website so I can move onto cold calling.

I'm making a goal to spend $500/month on outsourcing. I profit ~1000/month from my real job after my expenses. I would spend more now, but I have to wait for website to be done to move forward.

Advanced people: how do you handle the mindset of seeing your bank account numbers going downwards in order to invest?

Define website ?

Also I'd personally think on help on marketing , but maybe your case is different. What is so complex or too simple to be coded ?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I pay my VA double that and she's worth every penny.

She runs all my admin, reports, speaks to vendors and does anything else I need.

Everything in business is a ROI. Money in vs money out. Focus on the goal.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Define website ?

Also I'd personally think on help on marketing , but maybe your case is different. What is so complex or too simple to be coded ?
Free membership for the steel industry. Only spending $350 for a lot of php/java/and phpmailer. It would take me 3+ weeks to do it and work out all the problems if I did it myself.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Depends on how far along you are in your business.

The goal, at least for me, was to stop working IN my business and start working ON my business. I needed to move into a managerial role as quickly as possible, pulling the strings and making sure all the ducks were in a row.

You've provided no details about your business. So no one can answer you.

I'm not 'advanced' by any stretch but I have run into a bit of a cash flow dip due closing more contracts than usual and hiring out the functions for them. The answer I've come up with? Use any tool you can to make sure that there is as little cash flow implication as possible (business credit cards and charge cards, credit terms with contractors and suppliers if you can get em, escrow payments).

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Depends on how far along you are in your business.

The goal, at least for me, was to stop working IN my business and start working ON my business. I needed to move into a managerial role as quickly as possible, pulling the strings and making sure all the ducks were in a row.

You've provided no details about your business. So no one can answer you.

I'm not 'advanced' by any stretch but I have run into a bit of a cash flow dip due closing more contracts than usual and hiring out the functions for them. The answer I've come up with? Use any tool you can to make sure that there is as little cash flow implication as possible (business credit cards and charge cards, credit terms with contractors and suppliers if you can get em, escrow payments).
I wanted to hear what other people were doing as a manager of there business. I would keep my website free until I get 100 members. After that I would charge monthly rate. I would have to hire somebody to be a moderator & maybe customer service.

NetBorn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 25, 2016
I pay my VA double that and she's worth every penny.

She runs all my admin, reports, speaks to vendors and does anything else I need.

Everything in business is a ROI. Money in vs money out. Focus on the goal.

Are you drinking or smoking something while you spam ? Calm down, there're grown-ups here.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I wanted to hear what other people were doing as a manager of there business. I would keep my website free until I get 100 members. After that I would charge monthly rate. I would have to hire somebody to be a moderator & maybe customer service.

You'd get better advice if you shared more (and I don't mean post your niche or your product, but instead your business model and what you planned to use contractors for).

Don't hire customer service straight away. You should be outsourcing things needed to allow you to focus more time on getting more customers. Then, outsource the customer generation process. Once customer service becomes a large time suck, outsource it to a VA.

For example, outsource the development and updating of the website, and focus on basic SEO/paid traffic/cold calling (big note: focus on a single lead generation source until it either works for you or it doesn't). Then, automate/outsource that.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
You'd get better advice if you shared more (and I don't mean post your niche or your product, but instead your business model and what you planned to use contractors for).

Don't hire customer service straight away. You should be outsourcing things needed to allow you to focus more time on getting more customers. Then, outsource the customer generation process. Once customer service becomes a large time suck, outsource it to a VA.

For example, outsource the development and updating of the website, and focus on basic SEO/paid traffic/cold calling (big note: focus on a single lead generation source until it either works for you or it doesn't). Then, automate/outsource that.
It's b2b. Local fabrication job posting board. I will start out calling local steel fab companies. I could do adwords too. But direct calling/email would be better. I'm working in the steel industry right now so I see the need & know a lot of what's going on.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It's b2b. Local fabrication job posting board. I will start out calling local steel fab companies. I could do adwords too. But direct calling/email would be better. I'm working in the steel industry right now so I see the need & know a lot of what's going on.

You know your business better than I. Figure out what works, and then systematize it.

NetBorn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 25, 2016

In this case you may not have a choice - b2b would mean you are working directly on the "sales". Seems like you have a back-end so there is coding to be done, but not that complex, so seems worthy to outsource. Also if that's not a strict deadline (3 weeks) you maybe can negotiate with someone more junior to get better price ? ( I have a friend doing such projects on the side - no deadline, and little money but now he's done various things and he made also good contacts , even offers for partnerships in IT startups )

On the other hand, what if you still market it indirectly, the web site becomes reputable and people start coming alone to you ( this idea also sounds a bit like the limo service from the book ).

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
In this case you may not have a choice - b2b would mean you are working directly on the "sales". Seems like you have a back-end so there is coding to be done, but not that complex, so seems worthy to outsource. Also if that's not a strict deadline (3 weeks) you maybe can negotiate with someone more junior to get better price ? ( I have a friend doing such projects on the side - no deadline, and little money but now he's done various things and he made also good contacts , even offers for partnerships in IT startups )

On the other hand, what if you still market it indirectly, the web site becomes reputable and people start coming alone to you ( this idea also sounds a bit like the limo service from the book ).
Only in the beginning I might have to act as the middle man. I'm trying to make this as automated as possible so I don't have to be there. It will be more of a marketplace like fiverr

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.