The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming an Affiliate for amazon discussion

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Hey guys, last time I checked into becoming in affiliate, I was living in one of the states where you couldn't become one. I've since moved and would like to look into it again. I am guessing i'll have to established residency before I can do it.

Found this how to guide for ebooks - http://bookmarketingmaven.typepad.com/ezine/book-marketing-newsletter-november-2009.html

My question is how do you set up the affiliate links in your books, and on your website what worked for you to convert.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Wish I could help, but I still live in one of those states. I did set up an affiliate account for my daughter, who lives in another state, and what I did for links was set up an A-store for not only my (our) book, but I picked some other categories of products that readers of that book might be interested in. I can't say there was a lot of conversion, because there weren't many sales of that book, but there was a little. I didn't bother with a website, that might have done some good, but by the time I finished that book, I'd found HfR's thread and was busily writing fiction.

joanna

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Apr 14, 2011
Reading/London, UK
Can't help on the law/residency issues. But in terms of how you can use it:

You are not meant to put them directly in the book (due to affiliate terms not kdp terms). It's actually goo practice to link to say your own site and just redirect to the affiliate link from there. You can either link to a book landing page, or just redirect straight away (technical term).

Also if you do have a website, making sure all the amazon links are affiliate links can give you that little bit of extra income. That's as far as books are concerned I guess.

Something to note, is that if you already have a link to Amazon, you don't have to mess around with their link generator, just add "?tag=XXX" at the end if there is no question mark in the url or "&tag=XXX" if there is one. Change XXX to your affiliate ID.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.