- Joined
- Oct 24, 2015
- Messages
- 80
Rep Bank
$430
$430
User Power: 71%
So if you don't know, I'm a freshman in highschool. I've played basketball since the 3rd grade. Our high school has about 180 or so people in the whole school. Since it's so small, we don't have tryouts for sports or anything and for our JV + Varsity team together we only have 12 girls. A girl got in an argument with another girl and she ended up walking out the door last night at practice. Anyway, basketball has been my life for the past 5 or so years. I've pushed my heart into it, my dad has paid for me to go to 1-1 coach over the summer. I've always wanted to go to a D1 college for basketball. The thing is, that lately I've just lost interest in basketball and business is now taking over in my mind. It used to be basketball > everything and now its business > everything. Don't get me wrong I do still love basketball, but I'm just losing my grip on it. Now that business has taken me over, I don't want to put as much work in basketball anymore. I continue to get yelled at in basketball and last night I made the whole team run by not catching a ball. The thing is, if I do quit the whole school will hate me and our JV won't even have a team. My coach will forever hate me, because in grade school I used to stay after school and shoot with him like every day. He put so much work into me. Overall, I'm a really great player but I just don't feel right anymore. It's really been stressing me out and overwhelming me. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I can't tell my dad how I feel because he wants me to go to college for basketball.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
