The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Baseball and Congress

8 SNAKE

Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
I don't want to turn this into a political debate, but I do have an honest question. Can someone please tell me why the U.S. Congress is holding hearings about steroid abuse in baseball??? At most, this would seem to be a judicial issue rather than a legistalive one.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
PA
because baseball is one of the few government sanctioned monopoly's in the U.S., so this give congress the right to poke their noses in it.

Personal opinion- what a joke and waste of tax payer money. It is all about the politicians getting face time on TV, nothing else.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
"When the Democrats took control of Senate, they said they were going to focus on big ticket issues, such as getting Bush and Cheney out of office and start bringing our troops home.
Now we have Henry Waxman sitting there with a bunch of idiots next to him wasting taxpayer dollars debating about who injected who with a syringe full of joy juice."

-Dennis Miller

I could care less if he did or did not take them. I am pissed about the hearings. I think it's BS and a waste of time and taxpayer money.

As mentioned, I don't understand why the branch that makes the laws has now gone into the business of enforcing them too. It's a judicial issue, not legislative which pissed me off even more.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'll tell ya, all around it stinks. Professional sports are really starting to turn me off. I think they forgot who made the sport and where it came from. I go for smaller venues.

Example. Colorado Avalanche tickets start at $100. Crowd is never full anymore, and they really don't put out much effort for the millions they're paid.

Colorado Eagles are semi pro. Arena is always sold out. Tickets are $15 tops. The players always give it their all. The games are always fun. Choice is easy for me. I'm starting to like non-pro more and more. Heck its harder to get Eagles tickets then Avs tickets. That ought to tell folks something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Very interesting, I like your style, I check it right now! Thanks @Lenin looking forward to it. :)
Replies
Views
Top Bottom