The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: FUNNY Barry Bonds Home Run Record

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Barry Bonds

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
I was just at the game in San Diego when he tied the record. From my observations, I was the only person in my vicinity that stayed seated when the hit was made. The Padres (my team) won fortunately. :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
The Padres (my team) won fortunately.
I'm sorry to hear that, Steve. ;)

-Russ H.

PS Hey, did you guys ever get any furniture in your house? I heard you all were sitting on the floors over there. :rolleyes:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Some of the furniture took 5 months after it was ordered. It is all in place now. :hurray:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Good. We'll have to come visit and 'set a spell' ;)

BTW, while we were chatting, it looks like Bonds broke the record last night.

He couldn't wait for us to go to tomorrow's game.

Ah well . . . it is baseball, after all.

We'll have a blast. There may even be a few hundred thousand less people. :)

-Russ H.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Lol. Have a good time tomorrow.

And Bonds is ridiculously talented regardless of what he injected into his a$$. He was facing pitchers on steroids and competing with other hitters who were doing the same things he was, but they still didn't put up numbers anywhere near his.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Went. Had a great time, even though the Giants lost.

Considering getting season tickets (next season will be a great time to ink a long term contract-- the Giants will probably lose Bonds and they have the worst record in baseball right now-- s0 getting season tix is the perfect example of "buying when the market is down"-- gal at fan services told us we'd have a great selection, and that staff would take us around the park on a no-game day to show us all the seats (pretty cool).

Bonnie, my wife's mom, passed soon after we met. She was a huge Giant's fan (her ashes are even scattered in McCovey Cove, where all the "out of the park" homers go).

Going to games is something my wife treasures, and we're having fun taking our daughter.

So season tix, while most definitely a "doo-dad", are a good family activity.

Plus, if we did it, we'd expense them through the Inn, and give tix to staff as perqs. :)

-Russ H.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
That sounds pretty sweet! You should by some season tix to McCovey Cove! Lol...you'd be bound to catch a HR eventually. Any idea what they'd run you? Yankees' season tix are one of the first doodads on my list once I'm on the fast track!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom