I’m offering 3 services that benefit a business and growth. One of them includes some graphic design but when I go to look for job opportunities, there isn’t any out there. Or rather, People look for the cheapest option, like fiverr. And when I mention graphic design everyone forgets about whatever else I’m offering.
A big barrier is also that I can't really cold call people since I'm deaf and Video Relay Services are shitty, or if I manage to pull a job on somewhere like upwork, I avoid having phone interviews or skype unless its video so I can lip read, but that isn't always effective. Also in Video Relay what happens is I call someone via a Interpreter, sign to the interpreter and the screen is choppy, and the interpreter probably will summarize what I sign, then listen to the client, then summarize what they say back to me. So there's constant loss in translation. IT PISSES ME OFF because there's nothing I can do except have to go and drive somewhere, get better wifi to run the software, etc etc.
I’m not looking to make money big...yet. I’m looking to help people, I’ve had a few personal clients who were extremely interested in my services and I produced quality work and consultations. Some people loved it but with some other clients there’s constant flaking when the job’s about to be done.
I’m on Upwork but I don’t see it being viable in the long term, and there are only graphic design jobs on there that would relate to a small component of my services but I feel like it's eating up most of my services now.
I’ve read Lex’s threads on how to sell yourself, which they did help however I feel like I’m sinking. There aren’t many threads on here that’s anything similar to what I’m doing so I feel like it’s uncharted but surely that must not be the case.
Are there any resources out there anyone could refer me to so I could better improve upon selling my services and finding the right people? Books, sites, threads?
A big barrier is also that I can't really cold call people since I'm deaf and Video Relay Services are shitty, or if I manage to pull a job on somewhere like upwork, I avoid having phone interviews or skype unless its video so I can lip read, but that isn't always effective. Also in Video Relay what happens is I call someone via a Interpreter, sign to the interpreter and the screen is choppy, and the interpreter probably will summarize what I sign, then listen to the client, then summarize what they say back to me. So there's constant loss in translation. IT PISSES ME OFF because there's nothing I can do except have to go and drive somewhere, get better wifi to run the software, etc etc.
I’m not looking to make money big...yet. I’m looking to help people, I’ve had a few personal clients who were extremely interested in my services and I produced quality work and consultations. Some people loved it but with some other clients there’s constant flaking when the job’s about to be done.
I’m on Upwork but I don’t see it being viable in the long term, and there are only graphic design jobs on there that would relate to a small component of my services but I feel like it's eating up most of my services now.
I’ve read Lex’s threads on how to sell yourself, which they did help however I feel like I’m sinking. There aren’t many threads on here that’s anything similar to what I’m doing so I feel like it’s uncharted but surely that must not be the case.
Are there any resources out there anyone could refer me to so I could better improve upon selling my services and finding the right people? Books, sites, threads?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
