Yet another guy who followed the real script to the letter:
- Got in on a wave (internet + india)
- Got his marketable skill down pat first (programming in his case)
- Had supportive relatives and started early (13, gave him books on his skill when they saw aptitude)
- Just contracted his marketable skill from 14; no school & college crap
- Focused on "find where the money is"
- Ignores what his customers says "they'd use" or "they'd like" and instead focused on "what will you pay money for?"
- Never makes a "sexy" feature, despite his companies' massive resources, unless they've identified specifically how that feature will either make their customers money, or save them money
- Confirms the power law (0 to 100 is much harder than 100 to 200)
- Recommends reading biographies. Read huge amounts, starting young.
- Shits on schooling and talks about teaching skills, focuses on the fact that a generation can get out of poverty if they focus on learning that which will make them more money (i.e. instead of arbitrary shit).