The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

At Twelve Cents a Day, I'll Be Rich in 2097!

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
All,

So finished listening to Unscripted last night, very exciting stuff towards the end. I loved the "wooden board with address numbers" concept of tracking how much you've saved, "soldiers fighting for you". I also couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the "Say you've got a starting amount of ten million dollars" in your Paycheck pot.

Running my charity, I'm never going to have that, but outside of a car payment and a pretty beefy tax liability (thanks Bitcoin), I've got monthly capital to deploy and save somewhere in one of the funds that y'all were talking about. I'd like to start putting my excess money to work for me.

Just trying to figure out where to start when I'm about $9,999,900 shy of that $10M suggested start :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PowerJen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 13, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I've got some ideas for investing 'outside the box' in a new book I'm about to launch. If you'd like a pre-print copy for review, I'd love to hear your thoughts. It is only 25,000 words and is full of handy tips, apps, and ideas to keep your moolah safe. Use 'contact page' at Book publishing help for self-publishers | Jennifer Lancaster if interested. If you don't want to read it, my only advice is don't invest in premium managed funds, try ETFs or Index funds instead.

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I've got some ideas for investing 'outside the box' in a new book I'm about to launch. If you'd like a pre-print copy for review, I'd love to hear your thoughts. It is only 25,000 words and is full of handy tips, apps, and ideas to keep your moolah safe. Use 'contact page' at Book publishing help for self-publishers | Jennifer Lancaster if interested. If you don't want to read it, my only advice is don't invest in premium managed funds, try ETFs or Index funds instead.
Anyone else here? I can't be the only person that doesn't want to wait until they hit a million dollars in $$ to get started...is anyone going down this route right now?

Also, @PowerJen, hey you have a "subscribe" flag over what I THINK is your contact page, so I can't click on it to put in a contact form. Might want to fix that :)

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
All,

So finished listening to Unscripted last night, very exciting stuff towards the end. I loved the "wooden board with address numbers" concept of tracking how much you've saved, "soldiers fighting for you". I also couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the "Say you've got a starting amount of ten million dollars" in your Paycheck pot.

Running my charity, I'm never going to have that, but outside of a car payment and a pretty beefy tax liability (thanks Bitcoin), I've got monthly capital to deploy and save somewhere in one of the funds that y'all were talking about. I'd like to start putting my excess money to work for me.

Just trying to figure out where to start when I'm about $9,999,900 shy of that $10M suggested start :p
Heya @ShanghaiSix ,

Is this like a crazy roundabout way of asking where to invest $100? :smile:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Yes. I was a liberal arts major, I like 2 rite.

But my point stands. Is anyone else out there attempting to do the whole "Payroll Pot" with a few thousand dollars to start vs the (ahem) $10M millionaire starter kit?
I'd love to do it personally as well, but the returns you make on reasonable risk investments don't seem to compound in a satisfying way until you can leverage a large sum. We're stuck building businesses for a little while, I think.

MBarnott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 4, 2019
Anyone else here? I can't be the only person that doesn't want to wait until they hit a million dollars in $$ to get started...is anyone going down this route right now?

Also, @PowerJen, hey you have a "subscribe" flag over what I THINK is your contact page, so I can't click on it to put in a contact form. Might want to fix that :)
Haha I was going to say the same things about the subscribe flag

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Haha I was going to say the same things about the subscribe flag
There just has to be some kind of approach to get started gradually, it can't be "just get a million dollars and then start doing it", right? This can't be a forum of fabulously wealthy people, am I off base here? :)

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Any update here? I've still got my monthly $$ I'd like to put into something to get started. Anyone going down this road as slowly as I am?

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Do you have a business you're trying to build? The point of the book is that you're probably better off investing it there at this stage.

If not, and you're still wanting to invest then I would recommend an index fund.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.