The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you using the internet, or is it using you?

A post of a ranting nature...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
The other day, I got to sit through a lecture on getting investments from people-grabbing their interest in a second and getting them opening their wallet immediately. It was taught by some guy wearing socks and sandals, I don't really know who he was. It was a great lecture though, really got you thinking about the way to turn a compelling, decent pitch into an absolutely riveting pitch that got investors drooling. The best part of it, was that it was publicly available for free to anyone on the internet.

Boundless information like this is available at the fingertips of anyone motivated to find it. I've learned other languages, I've learned Java, I've learned to lift weights. I've learned photography. And I didn't pay for any of it.

Here's the depressing thing. This video totally changed my view of how to kill initial interactions with interested parties. Gone are notions of trying to concisely explain what I do or hand out business cards. I've had my mind blown by things like this over and over again, but it didn't blow my mind nearly as much as another statistic.

This was a great 50 minute video. How many views do you think it had? A million? five-hundred thousand? Fifty thousand?

How about less than 40?

Time and time again, I'm blown away by how much value is actually out there for free, for anyone with an internet connection and Google, but that never gets found unless someone jams it down people's throats in the form of advertising, stickied threads, basically people grabbing lazy action fakers by the back of the head and mushing their face into the pie of education. How many threads do you think we'll see on here about "how do I get investors?" in the next month on FLF?

While Too Many Cooks and Anaconda go to millions of views, gems like this are one Google away, but people are just too lazy to use the greatest educational tool since the invention of writing, the internet, to self-educate. iTunes University allows you to take courses from institutions like Yale and MIT and Oxford, for no monetary commitment and with no academic prerequisite. You can learn to code from the greatest computer scientists who have ever lived in your underwear with a beer in your hand.

I'm not going to link the pitch video, and others shouldn't either. If you want it, search for it yourself. In the meantime, all the free education you could ever want is out there. You can go get it, or you can watch another cat video.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Sorry Enaeka, but your final two sentences are ugly. Instead of sharing the wisdom, for which this forum is, you behave like "I know how to make millions, but I will not tell you hahaha and no one should either".

It makes me disgusting.
Here, this should be our obligation to share knowledge, not just posting the threads to boost our ego, for which that one I find, because there is no other point to write what you wrote. Every one knows that there is huge education base offered for free in the internet.

And, this is nothing with laziness. How can one find a video, in which topic thousands others are made? What's the point of so much selfishness and ego boosting as in your first post?

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Show you can outcompete the rest of the field, show you have the "right stuff", have a concise/understandable/executeable idea, be good to work with and succeed with.

I think those are the biggest ideas for pitching for me, cuz people with real business smarts don't really go on what you tell them, they go on what they see.

But as a newb, you have to get over a lot of "selfish" compulsions and being too "technically obsessed", cuz there are no real garuntees out there (especially when the team is relying on a whim and a prayer not true grit).

... I dunno, I think your mind is better than google. Its equally as difficult to really utilise though.

The reason there is so much cr#p on google to sort through though is because there is so much cr#p in our heads.
We as a society are so moronic that we highlight everything we do, rather than highlight the best stuff.
It leads to a lot of noise and a lack of interest from listeners.

Glad you found some good resources on pitching, but I think that most of the time, people's ideas on it are total horse sh#t.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I've been finding stuff for the last four years. I deliberately look for it! That's why I say, don't believe what people tell you, and seek the truth. If all you're getting is horse shit, keep digging deeper.

I learned this at garage sales living in a wealthy area. They throw out all kinds of crap with price tags on it. If you just look at the top of the pile, you miss the treasure underneath. lol Even at rummage sales, antique markets, google's just another pile to go through, if you dig deep enough you find what you need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.