The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are Ramit Sethi's Courses Legit?

Guru

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I can write a bit about Ramit Sethi, specifically the Zero To Launch course. I do think he it firmly legit.
Yes, he makes his money telling people how to get rich, but he covers topics that he is familiar with and doesn't preach one thing while doing something else.
I liked the concepts from the course. There are many bitter pills in there. Can't really judge how optimal the advice is. Many of the points that are mentioned seem very trivial, but there are certain people like me who sometimes need to be told the obvious.
Concepts that have made it into the back of my head:
  • pricing confusion - where few people would pay more than $20 for a book, but are perfectly happy paying $49 for a video course with less actual information / value inside
  • different business model requirements for different price ranges: golden goose, high end, mass market (all viable) vs. labor of love
  • marketing as primarily an elimination process to avoid troubles
  • a rough outline to create a pretty similar business around information products similar to his
  • priorities on landing pages (e.g. benefits over features)
  • a "what got you here won't get you there" sentiment
I see a lot of Millionaire Fastlane overlap in coverage of what providing value means and when it comes to the process / system and how scaling up is covered in Great Rat Race Escape .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I can write a bit about Ramit Sethi, specifically the Zero To Launch course. I do think he it firmly legit.
Yes, he makes his money telling people how to get rich, but he covers topics that he is familiar with and doesn't preach one thing while doing something else.
I liked the concepts from the course. There are many bitter pills in there. Can't really judge how optimal the advice is. Many of the points that are mentioned seem very trivial, but there are certain people like me who sometimes need to be told the obvious.
Concepts that have made it into the back of my head:
  • pricing confusion - where few people would pay more than $20 for a book, but are perfectly happy paying $49 for a video course with less actual information / value inside
  • different business model requirements for different price ranges: golden goose, high end, mass market (all viable) vs. labor of love
  • marketing as primarily an elimination process to avoid troubles
  • a rough outline to create a pretty similar business around information products similar to his
  • priorities on landing pages (e.g. benefits over features)
  • a "what got you here won't get you there" sentiment
I see a lot of Millionaire Fastlane overlap in coverage of what providing value means and when it comes to the process / system and how scaling up is covered in Great Rat Race Escape .
That sounds interesting, maybe I should look into some of Ramit’s stuff. I’ve never bought a course from him before (he’s one of the few better known gurus that I haven’t bought something from).

Who would you say is the target audience for this course?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.