• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

"I Will Teach You To Be Poor" by Ramit Sethi

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by JokerCrazyBeatz, Jun 16, 2016.

1. JokerCrazyBeatz

JokerCrazyBeatz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    So after just finishing "TMFL" today i was on the hunt for more literature to stimulate my entrepreneurial mind . At first i was going to purchase "Cashvetising" (which i should have) but they only have the physical copy and i wanted something i could purchase from iBooks. So anyway i looked on my list of 100 books entrepreneurs should read and came across "I Will Teach You To Be Rich" now ive heard of Ramit b4 and people like to give him credit for being a great email list guy Plus it had the "New Your Times Best Seller" sticker on the cover. So i was like f*ck it i might be able to learn a few things from this book.

Purchased the book...

Read the intro .....

And notice IMMEDIATELY the lies of the whole book

IWTYTBR is a whole book about getting rich in 30 years by saving money and investing in 401k and other stupid slowlane concepts

IM PISSED . Total waste of my $9.99

Dose anyone know how to refund a purchase on ibooks b4 they charge you? Im deff going digging in the forums for a REAL book for entrepreneurs , I just wanted to place this rant here for anyone thinking about purchasing this book.

2. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038
    You could read it and pull what is useful and discard what isnt..

3. Digamma

Digamma Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,073
    That's one of those guys living the fastlane selling the illusion to the poor bastards out there. Ask for a refund.

mayana, DiemTrader, hellolin and 6 others like this.
  4. Nils Löwe

Nils Löwe Don't give up and never hide Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $647
    Last year I participated in an online seminar from Ramit. I got out of bed at 3 am here in Germany to join. What happened? The seminar started with 1 hour delay and was just 45min of upselling his 5k "special offer, only 24h open, join now, I will make you rich" course. No thanks...

5. JokerCrazyBeatz

JokerCrazyBeatz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    I mean i COULD but the whole book is teaching a mindset that i know is counter productive . Not saying i couldnt learn 1 or 2 things but I just wouldnt be motivated to read through a 800 page book just to find the 1 or 2 things that most likely wouldnt change my life in a drastic way

mayana likes this.
  6. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    Yea man he is one of THOSE people

Late Bloomer likes this.
  7. nradam123

nradam123 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,659
    Ramit provides A LOT of great content in his website. He is actually pretty good.

Yes, but he teaches slowlane for people who want a better job and all that. He also teaches fastlane for people who dont want a job.

He is cashing on all the market.

BUT his content is actually high quality. You can learn a lot from it.

8. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    Lol i honestly have no problem with the guy , the book is trash and i wasted my money , but i used the show of extreme emotion not because i really dislike the guy but to give you guys a interesting read while warning you about the book

9. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,613
    The principles of I Will Teach You To Be Rich are completely applicable to the Fastlane - he is just addressing it within a slowlane mentality.

His systems for automatically paying your bills and saving money are solid and totally outside of fastlane vs slowlane.

Late Bloomer and quanttastic like this.
  10. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,089
    You are saying there was not one single thing in the entire book that you found or will find useful???

THAT is slowlane thinking. All knowledge is useful. A tip or bit of knowledge can be found in almost everything.

Go back through. What was one thing that you learned from the book?

11. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038

Careful to discard people just because they don't fit with what you think is right. You dont want to miss a piece of knowledge that could catapult or save you years down the road.

12. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    Hmmm... *Scratches my chin hair* I'll skim back through it . I just cringe every time i see the "get rich slow , invest in 401ks" talk

13. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,199
  14. Dylan42

Dylan42 Big D Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $124
    If you read it, you may find a couple of useful bits of information you can utilize like others have stated. Or you can use it as reference of what "not to do" and learn from what someone else has already done. Then you gain information that way. Try thinking through a different perspective.

Bytesunfish likes this.
  15. Formless

Formless Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,557
    Ramit is honest about what he teaches.

IWTYTBR is for people in the slowlane, working jobs, furthering their careers... You know.. the other 99% of the population.

One of the reasons I don't contribute here as often is wantreprenewbs with superiority complexes.

16. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $385
    @Sanj Modha See? The idea is catching on!

Sanj Modha likes this.
  17. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,199
  18. DaveC

DaveC Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,302
    I don't think his book is bad advice necessarily...his systems approach and use of psychology is good. He has definitely moved on from the tactical financial advice to the more strategic view.

He is one of those guys that you can learn a lot from just observing how he sells (webinars, e-mails,etc....) rather than what he sells.

JokerCrazyBeatz likes this.
  19. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    The more I read the more I see its not for me

mammoth_hunter likes this.
  20. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $385
    Never read it. Never will.

Get to the money.

21. LifeTransformer

LifeTransformer Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $810
    When I read the title, I was expecting @Vigilante to be the OP.

Side note: I've just discovered why people don't use the acronym TS instead of OP.

Vigilante likes this.
  22. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    What books do you read ?

23. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,340
    I disagree. Reading 800 pages of content that you don't believe in is a huge waste of time vs reading 10 pages of content that you'll actually trust, test, and apply.

24. BookwormMitch

BookwormMitch Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,027
    If your looking for a book with a similar title but fastlane content, check out How to get Rich by Felix Dennis

25. JokerCrazyBeatz

Rep Bank:
    $3,239
    I'll check it out