Chris Gleo
New Contributor
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2018
- Messages
- 8
Rep Bank
$50
$50
User Power: 113%
Hey everyone!
So I’ve set up a company that sells goods and gives 100% of profits to charity. The company is owned by a board consisting of my close friends and is set up to pay me a reasonable salary... My latest marketing campaign has generated a ton of interest from people who want to donate, but I currently do not accept donations. So...
1. Can I claim to be a “not for profit LLC” without applying for tax exempt status?
2. Can the company accept donations (gifts) and use a portion of those funds to cover my salary or other expenses?
3. Is there any impending legal disasters in my not so distant future?
It should be noted that the cause I’m supporting does not necessarily have an established non-profit I can refer people too
Thanks!
So I’ve set up a company that sells goods and gives 100% of profits to charity. The company is owned by a board consisting of my close friends and is set up to pay me a reasonable salary... My latest marketing campaign has generated a ton of interest from people who want to donate, but I currently do not accept donations. So...
1. Can I claim to be a “not for profit LLC” without applying for tax exempt status?
2. Can the company accept donations (gifts) and use a portion of those funds to cover my salary or other expenses?
3. Is there any impending legal disasters in my not so distant future?
It should be noted that the cause I’m supporting does not necessarily have an established non-profit I can refer people too
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
