The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apple, Google, and Netflix no longer require a 4-year degree.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
D

Deleted50669

While I'm salty that I paid a lot of money to get educated, I think it's the right direction. In this day and age determination and knowing how to ask the right questions is all you need to outperform anyone. College degrees serve little purpose beyond mitigating risk in human capital investment. For some industries, degrees are nonnegotiable (medical, law, aerospace engineering, etc). But for things that depend on innovation, problem solving, hard work, forget the degree. I'm a masters in psychology and taught myself how to build REST apis with google alone.

persistencyiskey

F the BS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Oct 18, 2017
Austin, TX
This was only a matter of time... and something I feel strongly about.

It's time people start to realize that it's not about getting fancy educations, it's about working on yourself and taking the time to get your mind right.

If you have or can build from within the hustle and work ethic (there's plenty of content out there that can help with this of course) and drop all the BS (fear/afraid of taking risks/what others think) you can achieve great heights!

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe this hints at the rise of the coding bootcamps. The argument these tech companies are making is essentially that college graduates are not being taught the skills they need to learn to be successful at their jobs. Universities are likely too theoretical.

So I see universities quickly adjusting their computer science programs to be more practical and applicable, thereby raising the value of the degree again, and/or short-term certificates in coding becoming a more popular options.

To get the job you still need to know how to code. The question is what will be the most effective, efficient, and consistent way to learn?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.