The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App idea- Don't buy that!

Idea threads

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
1) The IDEA

An app that promotes fiscal responsibility by notifying the user before they purchase items while in a store or restaurant. Also letting users crowd-source the cheapest meals/deals while in said location. Once you leave the store the app notifies you of how much money you saved. IE; Great job Sarah you saved 20 bucks by not buying those appetizers!

2) The PROBLEM

We all know the majority of society has an issue with saving money and instant gratification or "keeping up with the joneses". The vast majority comes from impulse buying with credit cards.

3) The SOLUTION

With this app you could set a budget for the store, sync it to your credit card or "google pay account" and get notified whether your purchase was in line with your budget.

4) The RESULT

Consumers save money and you help alot of them become more fiscally responsible

5) The MARKET

Any capitalist country with a middle class

6) The FASTLANE model

Offer a subscription service allowing users to crowd source cheapest meals at restaurants or better options at the grocery store. Or demonstrate how much money users save by purchasing the app for 1-5 dollars. "Don't buy that! managed to help me save 1200 dollars this year! For only 5 bucks!"

7) The BUSINESS model

Computer system

8) The EXECUTION challenges

Getting access to company databases of items and menu options. This will prove tricky especially as it may be cutting into their bottom line lol. getting users to pay for the app. I initially thought the location data would be hard but google literally knows when your in a store now and lists out deals. My mind was blown.

9) The BRAND idea

Got Buyers remorse? Let us help you stop it at the source!

Don't buy that!

10) The EXIT strategy

Continue to live off passive income from the app or Sell it to one of the many Fintech services out there like Intuit or Credit Karma.

11) YOUR BOUNTY PRICE (If Any)*

Bounty Price: $300

Your Bounty is the price someone will pay to REMOVE the thread from the discussion, hence, taking a claim to the the idea and it's execution. The Bounty will be paid to the idea creator/thread stater minus a 33% forum commission. If not specified, the minimum bounty is $100 which will be paid by PayPal. If you elect NO BOUNTY, then the idea will stay posted. Please note that paying a bounty DOES NOT give you exclusive ownership to any idea, it simple removes the idea from view and discussion.

12) DISCLAIMER

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR INE...
I, MJ DeMarco UNDERSTAND THAT I AM POSTING THIS IDEA WITH NO EXPECTATION OF COMPENSATION, TODAY OR IN THE FUTURE SHOULD THE IDEA BE PURSUED, EXECUTED, OR ATTEMPTED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IDEA WILL REMAIN VIEWABLE TO ALL INSIDERS AND WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHILE POSTED IN THE INSIDERS DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT NO COMPENSATION IS DUE SHOULD MY IDEA BECOME EXECUTED OR ATTEMPTED IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE "BOUNTY PRICE" I AM POSTING IS SIMPLY A PAYMENT TO REMOVE THE "INE" POST FROM VIEW AND IT DOES NOT SIGNIFY OWNERSHIP, EXCLUSIVE OR OTHERWISE, TO THE IDEA I AM POSTING.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
The main challenge I see is if you were told not to buy that and how much you "Saved" you would have to enter in every item you planned on buying, before actually buying it, which to me would be a huge hassle

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
Hey folks, im creating an app using some similar techical details but different niche.

1)
The main challenge I see is if you were told not to buy that and how much you "Saved" you would have to enter in every item you planned on buying, before actually buying it, which to me would be a huge hassle

bar code scan, but still a hassle and doesnt work in a restaurant.

2)
Product databases can be rent form companys who sell them B2B. They have what you need but I am in europe not USA.

3) Google knows when you enter a store? YES they do. But can you tell me how to get access to this information cheap? The only solution I know is to use googles API and it costs $ every time. And to know location all the time, it requieres a bunch of repeated requests to google (even if the user is home) --> everyone costs !!!!
Other solution? Please tell me!!!!!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.