The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone write on Medium here?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I remember a post from a while back discussing this platform and it died pretty quickly.

But does anyone write on there in here?
Or is it not fastlane / lucrative for you guys to take seriously? :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

I republish on it. It's definitely worth the extra 5 minutes of work to gain extra exposure and any backlinks are canonicalized back to my site.

It is going to sound very much like "give me a to-do list please", but...how do you do that?

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Can I have the link to your blogs? :p
Is it a good idea for side income?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Can I have the link to your blogs? :p
Is it a good idea for side income?
I write there.

It is only good if you have a long term strategy for content creation.

Medium allows for self-promotion but not third party affiliates.

If you are establishing your rep for product or services it is good. It is getti

I think that writing ONLY for Medium “partnership program”, which is how Writers get paid through members reading time and claps (like) is not a good goal.

A platform’s growth is always accompanied by changing reader demographic. If you are eyeing only on the short term reward it is going to distort your long term direction.

Let me give me an example, the two hottest topic to write for medium now are lifehacks and selling shovels.

This is because the blog now is overrun by short term hustlers who aspire to make a quick buck.

Lifehack: wake up at 5.30am the kind of stuff that u Already saw 1000 times on youtube.

selling the shovel: write an article about how to succeed on medium.

I personally believe that “Real readers” in the Long term will get tired reading such nonsense.

On the other hand medium provide good knowledge that you cannot simply find in top few google searches. I think this is an example of true value. If you know something useful that cannot be found using a 1 min google search I think that has value to be written. Google searches will bring you Enough traffic (Medium do not pay you on that though since they ate not members but it can build your own rep on your business).

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Agree.

No-one knows the direction of the future though. I think writing evergreen articles also have its palce.
It doesn't look like Medium is going to go away anytime soon, either.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Agree.

No-one knows the direction of the future though. I think writing evergreen articles also have its palce.
It doesn't look like Medium is going to go away anytime soon, either.
Now the top readers are getting paid a lot because Medium has raised over 100 million VC cash to burn.

if you write for FULL TIME i do not think it is Too hard to make 7-8k usd a month if you can consistently write for almost no money for a year.

But I view rising platforms such as Medium and TikTok for of a vehicle to gain influence for a bigger end goal. Whenever there is something new it is easier to be the top or dominate it, as compared to very mature market Like Youtube. Good luck spending one year to learn how to edit videos Well first. For a noob horse rider his best bet is to learn how to drive a car When few people know too. For a noob archer his best bet is to learn firing a rifle when it is not yet popular.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
You are on fire.

if you write for FULL TIME i do not think it is Too hard to make 7-8k usd a month if you can consistently write for almost no money for a year.

Ho lee sheet. Serious?
I thought if your article gets curated or something, it's way easier? Or is it supremely hard to get curated? Does this curation jail thing really exist?

And why one year? Is it the time required to gain a following ,etc.?
Please do PM me your blog (if you don't mind). But it's ok if you don't ;)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
You are on fire.

Ho lee sheet. Serious?
I thought if your article gets curated or something, it's way easier? Or is it supremely hard to get curated? Does this curation jail thing really exist?

You are on fire.

Ho lee sheet. Serious?

Different people will say different things based on their guesses.

The curators will curate your article if they think others will read your article. It is like a two way guessing game. You are trying to guess what the curators like but they are trying to guess what the audience like.

My thesis is “followers Is the only thing that matters in the long term”. Even though the monetization algo doesn't reward that directly.

Look like Shelby Church. Just because she is famous on youtube she can gain an audience very quickly in Medium.

Whether you can make it on medium monetarily, you can just look at the current benchmark, Ayodeji and Tim Denning (who grow from Medium without a fan base outside)who consistently make 5 digits monthly. If you compare their production to what you can get in quora and youtube, I do not think they are worth that much. It just means that Medium is not that competitive for a content producer. That is Just my opinion. It is not that hard to reach that kind of level thats why I say it is not too difficult to make serious money for someone who write consistently for a year.

Ultimately how successful you are depends on the topic and style you choose. What is the end game when content creation become a more matured market 2-3 years later? From the current trend videos are going to eat up most of the market share. Why do you pay to read an article when you can watch or listen to a podcast for free just together with some annoying ads? My thesis is that a lot of bullet point type of shallow articles will get thrown into the dustbin of history. Only writers who can write very complicated and intriguing stuffs that need the readers to read back and forth And also do some google search to take notes.

If they want a “movie experience” that a predetermined Chronological order does not undermine the user experience, a video or podcast will serve them better.

Try to a video on the “business strategy of Amazon vs JD.com”. A 20 min video on that will be a incredibly dumbed down version.

That is how I look at it. I spent 2-3 weeks researching if I should write on it then I decided so. It is a decision for me because I think I have the ability to explain complicated but interesting ideas that will survive in the competition for attention for written materials.

I also have an offline business of selling financial product, so how I want to play the game is going to be different from someone who rely on writing revenue for a living. Ideally I want to in the long run transit from less of a salesperson to a content creator which is more of a “fastlane” idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.