The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anyone worked in warehouse ops or familiar with them?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
My products reached the warehouse in the US on Monday, the guys there said they'll inspect them on Tue and give me an inventory report after that.

It's already end of the week now. There's only 100 pcs of the product, each about the size of a magazine (pretty small). I don't think it'll take more than 15 mins to count them? Or does receiving goods in warehouses usually take days and weeks? Do warehouse folks usually open the goods for stocking only when they're free?

I'm thinking of waiting till next Tue to email them, otherwise I might come across as too pushy and it might strain future working ties.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Supply chain operations is my slowlane job. Warehousing is pretty simple stuff. It shouldn't take that long but it really depends on how busy they are, how important you are as a customer, and how organized they are. It sounds like your product is really small. It is possible it got set to the side and is being overlooked as a result.

OP
OP
Xeon

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Supply chain operations is my slowlane job. Warehousing is pretty simple stuff. It shouldn't take that long but it really depends on how busy they are, how important you are as a customer, and how organized they are. It sounds like your product is really small. It is possible it got set to the side and is being overlooked as a result.
Thanks! I just emailed them earlier and they got back to me saying they just processed the thing and they were busy with "other projects".....o_O

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom