The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone here know where to find diamond wholesalers?

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
The source of this market seems to be obscure.
Some sellers advertise themselves as 'wholesalers', when in actual fact, they're just middlemen who marked down the (huge profit margin) on diamonds.
I know this, because some very reputable sites (Blue Nile, James Allen etc.) sell them at an even lower price (and even they are not the wholesaling).

Diamonds aren't expensive or rare to begin with, it's just a very well-regulated industry where the price is artificially inflated (and kept at such to keep reaping in the profits), so I can see why they would try to keep the source out of public eye.

Do you have to actually know someone in the industry to get them at real wholesale prices?
Anyone here know someone (or are themselves) in the industry
I have a colleague who has a family business in diamonds. But asking where they source would be way to personable, and I'd doubt she'd tell me anyway.

I'm very curious.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I think in a LOT of businesses, it is really hard to find a REAL wholesaler. Lots of people CALL their business wholesale when it is not. There used to be a show on that would follow these 2 guys while they were in another country and they would buy all of these stones wholesale and have them cut. My wife wanted to do that and then I guess the show went off the air and she forgot about doing it..... whew! Saved me on that one.

Good luck!

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Yea, I'm thinking you need to know someone who actually cut these diamonds then buy it from THEM before you can say it's wholesale.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Depends on your location and how serious you are but you are not going to get them from De Beer's so next logical place would be to go to Antwerp. That will be as close to the source as you will get. Lots of true wholesalers there. You might find you need an introduction though as it can be a rather closed industry.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
lol omg you're all over the place

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Scouring ideas.. partly for entrepreneurship, partly for myself... muahahahah.

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Over on etsy, these guys get talked about a bunch by the jewelry makers:

Not sure if they're a wholesaler, and not sure what their gemstone selection looks like, but I know the makers over on etsy can buy source materials from Rio Grande and mark up the finish products substantially with no resistance.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe it's a starting point. :)

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Over on etsy, these guys get talked about a bunch by the jewelry makers:

Not sure if they're a wholesaler, and not sure what their gemstone selection looks like, but I know the makers over on etsy can buy source materials from Rio Grande and mark up the finish products substantially with no resistance.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe it's a starting point. :)

Thanks!! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.