The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone buy GME or AMC?

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Also surprised I haven’t seen any posts about it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also surprised I haven’t seen any posts about it.

It's only 13 pages.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any other apes in here?

For those of us who don't spend time on Reddit nor follow the flavor of the week in stocks, what's an APE?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
For those of us who don't spend time on Reddit nor follow the flavor of the week in stocks, what's an APE?

I do not wish ill will on anyone or anything. But.... if these knuckleheads lose. I am not going to feel sorry for them. They fail to see what is actually going on. They just want screw over the "rich" guy. smh.

Bunch of... never-mind.

They'll end up losing everything. And not have a clue as to WHY.

Apes Together Strong​

Sometimes represented by a gorilla emoji, the saying is derived from an earlier meme based on the movie Rise of Planet of the Apes. When used by WallStreetBets, the apes are retail investors who are bullish on heavily-shorted stocks like GameStop. If the “apes” are united, then they can be strong enough to outlast those short on the stock.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US

it’s the equivalent of calling ourselves fastlaners, but in the Sub-Reddit’s views and context.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Toshiro

Dreamer
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
It's pretty much a scam by now.
You won't make any money with GME. The hedgefonds aren't short they are long and due to the volatility melking the apes and making shit tons of money.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
It's pretty much a scam by now.
You won't make any money with GME. The hedgefonds aren't short they are long and due to the volatility melking the apes and making shit tons of money.
Possibly, but it’s a strategic risk I’m willing to make.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Essentially, or a gamma squeeze which I get somewhat but can’t explain.

but in essence hoping to 10x-100x my money.

My thinking is if there is such opportunities, take calculated bets on them.

but I’m not a financial advisor and no one should take take any of this advice.

but there are smarter people in stocks than me that have helped me build my confidence in it and now I just like the stock.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
I bought into the craze when it was 300 a share.

I always knew it wasn't smart. I always had MJ's ideas and core values in my mind. But even as I was telling myself that through all the rationality I had, I still bought into it. I couldn't help it. It also wasn't helping that all the DD and data I was reading was pointing in the same direction.

Then a couple weeks later I realised it was taking too much energy to keep track of what it was doing. It was making it difficult for me to focus on my business. So I sold at a loss. Lost 500 dollars. Nothing I'm going to worry about. All in all, it was a good lesson to learn for those 500 dollars.

Lesson: I'm more easily manipulated and controlled by emotions that I'd want to believe, and my brain often finds ways to rationalise what my emotions tell me. I like to think that marketing, a good story or crowd mentality doesn't influence me, but It clearly does. I learned that and with this occasion I more deeply integrated all the values and wisdom people have been talking about in this forum.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
People who take pride in taking excessive risk.

It can be also used as a verb. “Bull market now. Time to ape!”

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I bought into the craze when it was 300 a share.

I always knew it wasn't smart. I always had MJ's ideas and core values in my mind. But even as I was telling myself that through all the rationality I had, I still bought into it. I couldn't help it. It also wasn't helping that all the DD and data I was reading was pointing in the same direction.

Then a couple weeks later I realised it was taking too much energy to keep track of what it was doing. It was making it difficult for me to focus on my business. So I sold at a loss. Lost 500 dollars. Nothing I'm going to worry about. All in all, it was a good lesson to learn for those 500 dollars.

Lesson: I'm more easily manipulated and controlled by emotions that I'd want to believe, and my brain often finds ways to rationalise what my emotions tell me. I like to think that marketing, a good story or crowd mentality doesn't influence me, but It clearly does. I learned that and with this occasion I more deeply integrated all the values and wisdom people have been talking about in this forum.
My son bought some at 240. so I did To support him physiological.
He had the coolness to wait the 50 phase and than sold for 260.
I had not and sold for... Na some 1000 loss. Not my cleverest decision.
Again bought AMC at 8 , sold at 10 .

„Stupid Is As Stupid Does“ Forrest Gump
;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads