The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone a member of EO?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have been thinking about joining the Houston chapter. I know a couple of guys that are in it and it seems like a good place to surround myself with like minded people. The 3k per year dues are kind of high but I think it could be a worthwhile organization to join. I have the time to go to the multiple meetings and speakers and really milk it for what it has to offer. Continuing to "change my oil" as MJ would say.

One of the people I know in the organization once told me that continued success it quite a bit about the people you surround yourself with. He said sometimes they just turn a light bulb on in your head and you are off to develop a new system.

Take the 8 people you associate yourself with and average their incomes and that should be you. Want to et richer? Surround yourself with people richer than you and learn to think like them.

I am worlds ahead of every one of my friends who are all slowlaners, the only people that have more success in their ventures than me as of now are my parents. I would like to meet some people who at least intend to go the sames places I want to go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I guess not? Any other organizations that you can network with other entrepreneurs, share business building strategy and listen to speakers?

It sounds pretty cool for me.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I would let them pay me to speak to their membership :)

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I've been an EO member for about 7 years. Definitely worthwhile. Highly recommended.

I would be happy to answer any questions for you.

I think snowbank recently joined the Austin chapter as well.

Calgary

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 28, 2011
Regards to what KAK said, I would say that it's not always about the people you associate yourself with, more importantly, who you associate yourself with that INFLUENCE you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thanks Calgary and GW. I am really the one doing the influencing in my crowd of friends. I can not listen to their crap about how hard it is to find a job. I hate the idea of a job.

I would really just appreciate some people that I can hang out with that wont laugh at what I want to do.

Ya know, I told one of my accounting MBA student friends that I am working on a new commercial energy client and that each plant (they have 20) will be worth in the ballpark of 5 grand per month to my company. He cant even fathom it and I feel like an a**hole talking about that stuff with a guy that is doing absolutely everything he can to get in an 80k a year job. 4.0, masters degree, all kinds of associations. I am a "B" student almost finished with my bachelors, I am never going back to school. I am decent enough at sales that I will never hurt financially.

Just would like to have someone that I can mention that kind of stuff and maybe could suggest an innovative way to work on the sale. My current friends will laugh and say holy crap, I wish I could make that kind of money...

The only people I can talk about this kind of stuff with is my step dad and some of his EO buddies. They are all people I really like to hang with because of their entrepreneurial spirit. I would love to join and meet more people like them.

Problem is my revenues are not in the 1 million plus range yet. I am looking at about a year to get my stuff together and be there.

Entrepreneurs are just a different kind of people. :notworthy:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Global Wealth. Question for you.

Is there a way past the minimum revenue hurdle if you are experiencing pretty good success? I am not at the required 1 million gross revenues yet.

Calgary

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks Calgary and GW. I am really the one doing the influencing in my crowd of friends. I can not listen to their crap about how hard it is to find a job. I hate the idea of a job.

I would really just appreciate some people that I can hang out with that wont laugh at what I want to do.

Ya know, I told one of my accounting MBA student friends that I am working on a new commercial energy client and that each plant (they have 20) will be worth in the ballpark of 5 grand per month to my company. He cant even fathom it and I feel like an a**hole talking about that stuff with a guy that is doing absolutely everything he can to get in an 80k a year job. 4.0, masters degree, all kinds of associations. I am a "B" student almost finished with my bachelors, I am never going back to school. I am decent enough at sales that I will never hurt financially.

Just would like to have someone that I can mention that kind of stuff and maybe could suggest an innovative way to work on the sale. My current friends will laugh and say holy crap, I wish I could make that kind of money...

The only people I can talk about this kind of stuff with is my step dad and some of his EO buddies. They are all people I really like to hang with because of their entrepreneurial spirit. I would love to join and meet more people like them.

Problem is my revenues are not in the 1 million plus range yet. I am looking at about a year to get my stuff together and be there.

Entrepreneurs are just a different kind of people. :notworthy:

Always had a problem with speaking to people when I was younger (17). I would always tell people that I was 25 and had multiple businesses going. I've tried talking to people before and they just shrugged me off going like "hah, what does that kid know?" I have been a little successful online and get a nice passive income managed by an 18 year old who gets $500/month for managing everything for me. Started indulging in things that wealthy people would indulge in (cigars, fine dining, etc) met a few very nice people and I've started a restaurant/lounge with one of them. Sales are at 1-2k/day and two weeks ago, we broke our sale's record at $5700 for the night. To all of my friends who aren't aware of my success, I was the kid who dropped out of regular high school and finished online within half the time required who doesn't plan on going to university.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Global Wealth. Question for you.

Is there a way past the minimum revenue hurdle if you are experiencing pretty good success? I am not at the required 1 million gross revenues yet.

They have an accelerator program, limit is 250k/yr.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Sweet should be looking at that by 2012 tax time easily. Maybe this year.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Just would like to have someone that I can mention that kind of stuff and maybe could suggest an innovative way to work on the sale.

This is exactly the idea behind EO. EO is not a networking organization ala Chamber of Commerce, etc. EO is a learning experience where you get to share experiences with other successful entrepreneurs.

There are learning events monthly for most chapters where you listen to various speakers. But the big benefit is the monthly forum meeting - which is essentially an advisory board of 8-12 members.

Some chapters have an Accelerator program for businesses between $250k-1m. This is a program designed to mentor you and help you grow your business up to the $1m+ mark. You would have a direct mentor from the chapter who you would meet with on a regular basis. You would also get to attend some EO learning events.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well I'm gonna miss 250k by the end of this tax cycle as well so I'm gonna shoot for personal revenues to be above this mark by the end of next year. I really want EO bad. It's something I know will help me keep my oil fresh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Entrepreneurs organization. It has locational chapters and you get to learn from other successful entrepreneurs.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Sounding like a total noob...

What is an EO?

I know it must be an Entrepreneurial meeting, but what does it stand for? Any of these in Canada?

EO - Entrepreneurs Organization. Entrepreneurs' Organization - Fueling the Entrepreneurial Engine | Entrepreneurs' Organization - Fueling the Entrepreneurial Engine.

There are chapters all over the world. I have several friends in the EO Montreal chapter was was in Montreal earlier this year visiting a few of them.

While in Montreal with my EO connections, we got a tour of the NHL training center there and met the owners, spent a day touring the Bombardier private aircraft facility and had lunch with the CEO, and a few other perks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Did ya order a Jet Bobby?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Did ya order a Jet Bobby?

hahaha, unfortunately no. But I think a couple of the guys were talking about fractional leases of Learjets.

While we were there, one of the guys with us got a notification on his phone of a wire transfer to his bank account. The amount was in the mid 8 figures.

If I were him, I probably would have bought one that day.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Dang man those are the kind of people I need to be hanging with.

There's a new jet from eclipse that costs only about 1.2 new. Seats 4 super luxury small and fast.

Cool thing is it only needs some low end pilots license or something to fly so any of us could learn to fly it. Its got the range to play anywhere around the us and carribbean.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
Instead of joining one of these groups, why not just pick up the phone or email the people directly who you want to access?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well because I don't know who I want to access. You get a small group that is your forum with EO and these are the people that become your friends in the orginization.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Instead of joining one of these groups, why not just pick up the phone or email the people directly who you want to access?

Having been a long time (and current) EO member, I can tell you this won't work. At least not as effectively as becoming a member.

A forum group commits a half day per month to their group. This effectively becomes your advisory board of sorts. While you may pick up the phone and get one or two of them to meet you for lunch, you won't get 10 of them to meet you for a 4 hour lunch all at the same time.

The power of having the group together and committed to one another for that period of time every month just cannot be explained. It can only be experienced.

Additionally, you wouldn't have access to the additional benefits like the social and learning events as well as the global educational events.

Is it the only way to reach your goals? Certainly not. But I doubt you will find any negative aspects to associating with a group of successful entrepreneurs on a regular basis.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.