Hi all,
So I spent a good few months at the end of 2012 into 2013 putting together a site that was aiming to bring together pet carers in the UK - catteries, kennels, dog sitters/walkers etc - in one place. The idea is that when people search for a cattery they come to my site, then leave a review on the cattery when done. The end ideal was a site full of reviews that would be a first stop for anyone looking for this pet care services.
So once finished, I spent another month loading about 1500 business, by hand, into the directory on the site. Google started to index the pages. So far so good.
So then I put together a blog attached to the site where I put up a few articles about pets in general, and started commenting on pet forums, hopefully creating backlinks to the site. I also set up a twitter account, following other pet businesses, catteries, kennels, etc.
This seemed to being ok, by August, I had about 1600 pages indexed by Google, but still only 10 visits or so a week. I had earned about 3 pounds in ad-sense clicks at this point!!
Then suddenly my site dropped off the radar. In about 3 months I went from 1600 indexed pages to under a hundred, and it's still dropping. My only thought is that as I got the addresses of the businesses from around the web, that Google is flagging my pages as duplicate content...
Anyway, after being disheartened and setting it aside for months I've decide to have another look. The site is -
petcarerated.co.uk
Any thoughts from anyone here will be greatly appreciated. Does this site deserve another last blast, or should I dust myself down, forget about it and move on to something new?
Cheers!
Steve
So I spent a good few months at the end of 2012 into 2013 putting together a site that was aiming to bring together pet carers in the UK - catteries, kennels, dog sitters/walkers etc - in one place. The idea is that when people search for a cattery they come to my site, then leave a review on the cattery when done. The end ideal was a site full of reviews that would be a first stop for anyone looking for this pet care services.
So once finished, I spent another month loading about 1500 business, by hand, into the directory on the site. Google started to index the pages. So far so good.
So then I put together a blog attached to the site where I put up a few articles about pets in general, and started commenting on pet forums, hopefully creating backlinks to the site. I also set up a twitter account, following other pet businesses, catteries, kennels, etc.
This seemed to being ok, by August, I had about 1600 pages indexed by Google, but still only 10 visits or so a week. I had earned about 3 pounds in ad-sense clicks at this point!!
Then suddenly my site dropped off the radar. In about 3 months I went from 1600 indexed pages to under a hundred, and it's still dropping. My only thought is that as I got the addresses of the businesses from around the web, that Google is flagging my pages as duplicate content...
Anyway, after being disheartened and setting it aside for months I've decide to have another look. The site is -
petcarerated.co.uk
Any thoughts from anyone here will be greatly appreciated. Does this site deserve another last blast, or should I dust myself down, forget about it and move on to something new?
Cheers!
Steve
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
