The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any experience with approaching people on social networks - Linkedin

Marketing, social media, advertising

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any experience (positive/negative) approaching people on Linkedin or other social networks?
I'm currently trying to approach procurement departments at some large companies - their corporate websites are often unclear as to where is best to send proposals through. I've been able to find a few employees in the procurement departments on Linkedin I'm sure to if its acceptable to send a short message through or not? I don't want to come across as 'stalky'

Any opinions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Yep. I've had both negative and positive responses.

It's a mixed bag. Some people will be happy that you approached them, others will report you for spam (which is dangerous, by the way). The key, I've found, is to be conversational. Thing is, you lose a lot via text, so your goal is to get a phone number and a good time to call.

I love LinkedIn. Without it, I would have to do so much more work. Anybody in B2B who doesn't already have connections in the field needs to be on LinkedIn.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for your inputs. Think I will send a couple of inmails and see what happens! Just going to keep it short, sweet and to the point.
I've been having a more in-depth look at Linkedin this weekend and until now I've never really realised the power of it! Especially for b2b sales there are often entire groups dedicated to your niche with employees high on the food chain (decision makers :) ) opted in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Don't use InMail. Just send direct messages.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
If I'm not in their network didn't think you can send DM?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.