Firstly, I would like to thank @Ecom man @biophase @Vigilante and others for giving me inspiration and for all the priceless information they provided in regards to importing and ecommerce. If you haven't already, please check out their threads.
Anyways, I thought I'd make this thread to document my current experiment of importing items and selling them though various ecommerce channels.
Ecommerce is something I am quite familiar with as I used to go to garage sales with my mom as a 13/14yr old and buy stuff to sell on ebay during the summer. I sold about $2k/every month for 2 straight summers (which was a lot for a 14yr old punk kid like me lol). Then I stopped when the school year approached to focus on high school. Now with no formal education to deal with and much more free time, I hope to get into the groove again.
After hours of searching ebay, amazon, alibaba, and dhgate, and researching different niches, I came up with a couple products that look promising to import.
Product #1: I actually had one of these sitting around at my house. So I listed it on ebay and sold it within a week. I then contacted a manufacture overseas last week and asked for 5 samples. They arrived yesterday in great shape and I listed them on Ebay this morning. So far no sales. If this product is successful, I hope to sell it via Ebay and Amazon. The margins are great (buy for $5 and sell for $40). There is also very little competition.
Product #2: This is a rather interesting product as I can't find a single branded version of it. All of them are generic. They are selling like hot cakes on Ebay and Amazon however. My hope is to import this product, brand it, and then sell it on my own site. I can then use my brand to sell other items within that niche. I am still contacting manufactures overseas and I hope to have samples ordered by tomorrow. This item's niche is pretty popular among Instagram users, so I plan to market it aggressively there.
Those are the two products I am working on right now. I will continue to look for more as much as I can.
Anyways, I thought I'd make this thread to document my current experiment of importing items and selling them though various ecommerce channels.
Ecommerce is something I am quite familiar with as I used to go to garage sales with my mom as a 13/14yr old and buy stuff to sell on ebay during the summer. I sold about $2k/every month for 2 straight summers (which was a lot for a 14yr old punk kid like me lol). Then I stopped when the school year approached to focus on high school. Now with no formal education to deal with and much more free time, I hope to get into the groove again.
After hours of searching ebay, amazon, alibaba, and dhgate, and researching different niches, I came up with a couple products that look promising to import.
Product #1: I actually had one of these sitting around at my house. So I listed it on ebay and sold it within a week. I then contacted a manufacture overseas last week and asked for 5 samples. They arrived yesterday in great shape and I listed them on Ebay this morning. So far no sales. If this product is successful, I hope to sell it via Ebay and Amazon. The margins are great (buy for $5 and sell for $40). There is also very little competition.
Product #2: This is a rather interesting product as I can't find a single branded version of it. All of them are generic. They are selling like hot cakes on Ebay and Amazon however. My hope is to import this product, brand it, and then sell it on my own site. I can then use my brand to sell other items within that niche. I am still contacting manufactures overseas and I hope to have samples ordered by tomorrow. This item's niche is pretty popular among Instagram users, so I plan to market it aggressively there.
Those are the two products I am working on right now. I will continue to look for more as much as I can.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
