What's new

Android App Complexity

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Jimmyy

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Dec 19, 2013
Messages
110
Rep Bank
$530
User Power: 98%
Hey guys I'm really sorry for asking a newbie question, I know these can be quite annoying. I was just wondering how complex basic note taking apps are and whether it's possible to link to media capture devices like a camera or microphone from a folder/subfolder the user has created in the app and have the device record to the folder instead of the generic photo gallery. It seems simple in my head but I understand that these thing's rarely are when it comes to coding. All the app will be in essence is : create a job title and date - create/select subfolder and record media content or notes. I have ideas for upgrading the app but this is the essential basics.

I had initially planned on learning to code and doing this as my first real project but after reading the epic Healthstatus thread I've decided to outsource the development and instead research the basics of general software development and marketing. I've posted earlier in the week on Reddit's Android Dev page and got some great responses, albeit somewhat contradictory. The thread is here http://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/1t8x58/android_app_complexity. Essentially most posters think it is easy but one old timer is saying that with the variety of camera's across Android devices there is likely to be a serious issue with developing the app. I don't really have the technical understanding yet to be able to form an opinion from the answers and was hoping maybe you guys could help.

I know notation apps are a busy/flooded market but I think there's definitely a need within a certain niche and it would make an excellent first venture for me to gain some experience. Would anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get coded?? I can provide very clear (non-technical) specs to a developer and draw out every screen and function I'd want so hopefully there won't be too much confusion when it comes to outsourcing (optimistic I know!). I'm going to stick it up on Odesk/Elance soon so will get a proper quote but knowing what to expect before looking at bids would be very useful.

Again I'm sorry for asking a newb question but I would really appreciate if some amazing person could give any advice.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O lpux puvevoup eqqt esi e catz/gmuufif nesliv cav O vjopl vjisi't figopovimz e piif xovjop e disveop podji

Hiiitj, hu sief NK't Cuul. Cav vu jimq zua uav: Vji nesliv ot emsiefz gmuufif moli zua tvevif epf zua jewi pu qsuhsennoph tlommt? Xju xuamf zua nesliv vjot qsufadv vu? J.T epf Dummihi tvafipvt? Gus vji nutv qesv zua puv taqquti vu jewi zuas qjupi uav epzxez tu vjev monovt zuas EQQ sohjv vjisi + og ovt e tnemm podji vjip zua xupv neli epz nupiz . Katv djadl vjot ofie aq et e mutv epf nuwi up.
 
Hiiitj, hu sief NK't Cuul. Cav vu jimq zua uav: Vji nesliv ot emsiefz gmuufif moli zua tvevif epf zua jewi pu qsuhsennoph tlommt? Xju xuamf zua nesliv vjot qsufadv vu? J.T epf Dummihi tvafipvt? Gus vji nutv qesv zua puv taqquti vu jewi zuas qjupi uav epzxez tu vjev monovt zuas EQQ sohjv vjisi + og ovt e tnemm podji vjip zua xupv neli epz nupiz . Katv djadl vjot ofie aq et e mutv epf nuwi up.
Jiz nep vjeplt gus veloph vji voni vu siqmz. Vji podji edvaemmz jet ep iyvsinimz meshi quvipvoem nesliv vu veshiv epf nutv eqqt op vji esie esi iyvsinimz iyqiptowi us fu puv fosidvmz eqmmz vu vji podji. Vji eqq ot e cetod ofie cav lpuxoph xjisi vu nesliv ot xjev xomm neli vji foggisipdi. Nezci on xsuph cav vji iyqisoipdi O'mm heop gsun iyidavoph up ep ofie xomm fu ni e 1000y nusi huuf vjep tovvoph up nz can vszoph vu vjopl aq tunivjoph xusmf djephoph. Xjev O piif nusi vjep epzvjoph ot tuni vidjpodem efwodi xjomtv on tvesvoph up vji muph kuaspiz ug ifadevoph nztimg op vjev esie

Ifov: Ov't puv tuni tvafipv eqq iovjis. Ov dunit gsun iyqisoipdi xovjop e qsugittoupem opfatvsz. Og ov geomt O'mm tvomm jewi tunivjoph O dep ati et ov xuamf tumwi ep ottai vjev fsowit ni dsebz epf xetvit e muv ug nz voni
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom