The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An open letter to my tenants:

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Dear Tenants,

I want to thank you for leaving your trash in the back yard piled so high I can't see over it, and also for the unpaid water bill I am now gladly taking care of for you. The city felt it was only right to have me pay it (after all, it is my real estate) since you skipped out of town. I appreciate the unwillingness to pay your rent on time and the constant barrage of excuses you always have on hand for why it's late. If you ever use the one about Uncle Jerry going to jail and you having to bail him out to catch his (now ex) wife who was cheating on him, please reconsider.

Why do I write you? Because these challenges, roadblocks , and "one step forward, two steps back" situations are what are going to make me a multimillionaire someday. I crave this and am better now than I was one year ago. You are my real life teachers and I am learning as I go. Every obstacle thrown at me is another challenge I will defeat with courage and confidence. So bring it on.

Your landlord,
Gabe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eSparks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Gabe, where are you in Ohio? I own a single family house in Columbus, and I have plenty of stories that used to drive me crazy but now just make me laugh. The price we pay for these challenges now will (hopefully) be well worth the rewards we reap in the future.

*E

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Eviction?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

afdiaz70

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 21, 2011
Eviction?Landlord for over 20 years. Single and multiple family units. Always had this thought in mind. The headaches and work are nothig compaired to the benefits. At least for me.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Landlord for 22 years. Just served papers last month on our first eviction -- then the renters miraculously came up with the months of back rent they owed. They were informed the next time a rent check is late, the sheriff will be paying them a visit, no reprieves.

But my divorce goes final in a few weeks and my wife got that rental, so it's not my problem any more...

Jacobfk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 1, 2011
Georgia
You could add "one question though... for someone that can't afford their rent, you sure did leave a lot of stuff behind that you might need. Your bedroom floor is completely covered with clothes, some that still have the tags on them. I found your old tax returns, your childs birth certificate and lots of mail from financial institutions that say you owe them money. You left most, if not all, of your furniture as well. How are you going to replace all of your "stuff" when you can't even afford your rent? And since you stiffed me on the last two months rent, it's not like you didn't have time to make arrangements to move your things out. "

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Just served papers last month on our first eviction -- then the renters miraculously came up with the months of back rent they owed.

I wish I were having that fortune. Right now, I have a 4-unit with the following stats:

Unit #1: Sheriff is emptying. Tenant (Mom) is in jail.
Unit #2: Tenant supposed to move in today.
Unit #3: PM felt certain a tenant would fill vacancy today. Awaiting update.
Unit #4: Eviction in process. This is daughter of Mom in #1, who has moved the rest of the family into a 2-bedroom unit.

We are in the middle of a major apartment shortage, due to heavy flooding. FEMA is moving in trailers, and we (via PM's) can't seem to find tenants. Aaarrrgh!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.