The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An idea for a product finder - need help getting the pieces together.

Idea threads

jrws

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 9, 2011
Doonside, NSW Australia
Hi all,
I have come up with an idea but not quite sure how to test or develop. I only 'think' there is a market. Basically I noticed that I have to do a lot of research to find the best prices for things that I want (like digital cameras and associated equipment) it is time consuming and annoying. My idea is rather simple - a wishlist finder. You input the product you are interested in and it will by scraping big name stores (and smaller ones as well) find out what the best price is, warranties and also postage (if available). The business will make money by generating leads for these businesses.

My questions are as follows:
How do I check that there is a market out there for this idea?
What parts of programming do I need to learn? I am familar with (and very much just a beginner) PHP, AJAX, and MySQL. What do I need to concentrate on to take this idea out there. I would like to build the prototype myself rather than outsource straight away as I don't know how much it will cost (nor if I can rely on others to do the job properly).
How do I ensure that I get paid for any leads I generate (Cookies or some other form of tracking?) and how do you think I should approach the stores to ensure they are in.

I know that all businesses need new leads, but it's no good if I can't get people to use it. Not looking to build the next Google or Amazon, rather just something to make peoples lives easier.

Thank you for reading,
If you can think of any additional questions I need to ask (of myself or others) just let me know. I am not afraid of people stealing this idea, as it probably isn't that unique, however, I will take action on this as it is the first idea I have had that I think could be viable (as long as I can ensure there is a market XD)

Thanks again,

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.