The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon Prime delivery time is now 29 days!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I add a new condition, then close the FBA listing. The inventory stays there. I think it is easier to close than to raise the price. I have 300 SKUs, I'd rather close them all and then reopen them.

Definitely, do not convert your FBA to FBM. That's alot of work to switch back and forth.

This will work for 30 days before the inventory becomes problematic but at that point you could probably just reactivate the FBA listings because the problem will be resolved well before then. I think we will be turning these SKUs on within a few weeks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This will work for 30 days before the inventory becomes problematic but at that point you could probably just reactivate the FBA listings because the problem will be resolved well before then. I think we will be turning these SKUs on within a few weeks.

How come? What happens at 30 days?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How come? What happens at 30 days?

at the 30 day mark they automatically convert inventory that is in the fulfillment centers that hasn’t been active in the last 30 days to active FBA.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I add a new condition, then close the FBA listing. The inventory stays there. I think it is easier to close than to raise the price. I have 300 SKUs, I'd rather close them all and then reopen them.

Definitely, do not convert your FBA to FBM. That's alot of work to switch back and forth.

what’s the risk in closing your fba listings? Is there any? I’ve been creating fbm listings for my products currently but I’m still competing with my active fba listings

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
what’s the risk in closing your fba listings? Is there any? I’ve been creating fbm listings for my products currently but I’m still competing with my active fba listings

I don't know if there is any.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So here's my thought process for today.

Leave both FBA and FBM live on the SAME LISTING.

Why?

If you deactivate FBA listings, unless your FBM fulfillment is PRIME, your items will not return for people searching PRIME ONLY. So, if you have both live on the same listing, once they search for and see your PRIME result, but the shipping lead time is unacceptable... they will click to see what other purchase options exist and there they can pick your FMB listing.

Thoughts? I know this is legal at Amazon, just put the first item in that way to see what the results look like. So as of now, this is just my hunch and not backed up by data.

VigilantCMDR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Aug 16, 2019
Wow. I was wondering why my Amazon Affiliate sales had taken a huge dip.

This virus really hitting the economy hard.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So here's my thought process for today.

Leave both FBA and FBM live on the SAME LISTING.

Why?

If you deactivate FBA listings, unless your FBM fulfillment is PRIME, your items will not return for people searching PRIME ONLY. So, if you have both live on the same listing, once they search for and see your PRIME result, but the shipping lead time is unacceptable... they will click to see what other purchase options exist and there they can pick your FMB listing.

Thoughts? I know this is legal at Amazon, just put the first item in that way to see what the results look like. So as of now, this is just my hunch and not backed up by data.

My counter take on this is that people are now searching for Non-prime listings. So I purposely want to stand out as a non-prime listing. BTW, all my listings also have a shipping fee of $0.01. So none of them say Free shipping on them.

I had 180 FBM orders yesterday vs 120 FBA orders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Wow. I was wondering why my Amazon Affiliate sales had taken a huge dip.

This virus really hitting the economy hard.
Jeff Bezos wrote a blog post yesterday that said that they're prioritizing necessities over other products. Sounds like this is the reason for the 29 day delay. However, I looked at their website yesterday and clicked on a random product - a wifi speaker. I could have it delivered on Thursday. Not sure why they consider a wifi speaker a necessity?

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
Until last night, I had both FBA and FBM as options for my buyers. 99.8% of the time they chose FBA, even with the slower ship times on FBA. It seems buyers just hit 'buy it now' or 'add to cart' and don't even look at the other offers, even though the price is lower. There are still orders pending from 5 days ago. The longer it takes to fulfill, the higher the chance they get cancelled.

So last night I converted to all FBM. I'm going to write to Amazon to try to find out what happens to FBA inventory in this case. Hopefully this slowdown is resolved in a couple weeks. I know I'm losing sales by not having it FBA, I think I lost the "amazon's choice for xx...." label.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Amazon has made most of its FBA stuff have an April 21st delivery. Now we will see what happens when your Amazon channel goes away. I expect to see my sales drop 99% from Amazon. I doubt anybody will order tomorrow with a 28 day lead time! This is the big control issue Armageddon that we probably all thought would never happen!
Hey BioPhase, did you see any sales volume decrease due to shipping delays?

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
So last night I converted to all FBM. I'm going to write to Amazon to try to find out what happens to FBA inventory in this case.

They said it will automatically convert to FBA in 30 days.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My counter take on this is that people are now searching for Non-prime listings. So I purposely want to stand out as a non-prime listing. BTW, all my listings also have a shipping fee of $0.01. So none of them say Free shipping on them.

I had 180 FBM orders yesterday vs 120 FBA orders.

Why do you NOT want the free shipping designation?

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
To test I've switched 2 listings to FBM only, The rest I'm adding FBM in addition to FBA. Will analyze how both approaches affects sales.

I've heard people's ACOS have been rising (lower conversions from extended delivery date) leading to FBA only people turning their PPC off. This could be an opportunity to grab ad positioning with your FBM offer.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I closed my fba listings and my sales actually dropped - opened them both at the same price and they returned at a relatively normal rate. Weird how some products show a week out and others show a month. At least the consumer has the option to pick now.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey BioPhase, did you see any sales volume decrease due to shipping delays?

I've seen sales volume drop about 50% since pre-Corona. It's pretty low today.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Why do you NOT want the free shipping designation?

Because free shipping designation looks like Prime's free shipping. I want there to be a shipping fee so people scrolling through the category known that my listing is NOT prime.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Because free shipping designation looks like Prime's free shipping. I want there to be a shipping fee so people scrolling through the category known that my listing is NOT prime.

Interesting, does this actually show a shift towards FBM versus your prime?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Interesting, does this actually show a shift towards FBM versus your prime?

It's hard to tell anything because I shut off the Fba listings on my top sellers so buyers have to pick fbm.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I've seen sales volume drop about 50% since pre-Corona. It's pretty low today.
volume. as long as it's not profit margins, business still works

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
volume. as long as it's not profit margins, business still works

Not sure I follow you here. Gross profit margins stay the same, but net profit margins definitely go down when sales volume drops. Monthly expenses are still the same.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's something I have never seen before, in customer order management at Amazon

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Change to the algorithm lately, if you have both FBA and FBM offer, if the FBM offer has faster shipping, it will win the buy box now. I was wondering why I have a ton of FBM orders all of a sudden.

Arnaud.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2019
Hi, in France isn’t that. Thanks god, bought item yesterday evening, normally for next week ... this morning at home :)

Stay strong guys, it’s the beginning :-/

jjshouse

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2020
India
Some of my products are still showing the normal delivery dates but it’s likely rolling out to all non essential products.
I checked yesterday for a sports cap on Amazon and its showing with all products that not in stock ..... May be its due to coronavirus issue.

G

Guest24480

I was looking at some common products on Amazon today and noticed that a significant amount of sellers have moved to FBM, even Amazon Choice products. Some of the less essential FBA products I'm looking at have an estimated delivery date of April 4th, other are as early as April 1st.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.