I have a quick question for those outside the US selling products on Amazon.
I'm setting up a fulfilment account and they are asking for my tax information. I entered my details (corporation, location etc) and it brings up a W-8BEN to be completed as final step.
Does that form exempt me from IRS collecting tax or does it allow them to tax at 30%? IRS is closed right now from government shut-down (obviously the worst timing for me) and I feel faint trying to decipher its meaning on the IRS site.
Layman terms - exempt from tax or not?
I'm setting up a fulfilment account and they are asking for my tax information. I entered my details (corporation, location etc) and it brings up a W-8BEN to be completed as final step.
Does that form exempt me from IRS collecting tax or does it allow them to tax at 30%? IRS is closed right now from government shut-down (obviously the worst timing for me) and I feel faint trying to decipher its meaning on the IRS site.
Layman terms - exempt from tax or not?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
