The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon <> Facebook Ads | Looking for feedbacks from Amazon Sellers | Would you agree people paying for your ads?

Doctor.IM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2019
France
Amazon recently released their Amazon Attribution beta solution - combined with Pixelme | allowing to track and postback pixel events to external trafic sources.
In simple terms: We can now track on Facebook Ads the sales made on Amazon, by redirecting Facebook trafic directly to Amazon.

We spent more than 50m during the past few years on Shopify-based websites, on Facebook Ads.
We strongly think that the conversion rate of Amazon, and the fact that most of Amazon Sellers will struggle to setup Facebook Ads (due to incessant ban issues) - open wonderful opportunities for media buying agencies.

As an Amazon seller - would you be interested if an agency approach you, offering to run Facebook Ads toward your Amazon listing, negotiating a commission for each sale tracked on Amazon Attribution?
The agency will fund the ads with their own capital, as an affiliate would do for an affiliate network,

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the model,

Thank you so much and have a nice day!

Dr.IM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Doctor.IM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2019
France
Amazon recently released their Amazon Attribution beta solution - combined with Pixelme | allowing to track and postback pixel events to external trafic sources.
In simple terms: We can now track on Facebook Ads the sales made on Amazon, by redirecting Facebook trafic directly to Amazon.

We spent more than 50m during the past few years on Shopify-based websites, on Facebook Ads.
We strongly think that the conversion rate of Amazon, and the fact that most of Amazon Sellers will struggle to setup Facebook Ads (due to incessant ban issues) - open wonderful opportunities for media buying agencies.

As an Amazon seller - would you be interested if an agency approach you, offering to run Facebook Ads toward your Amazon listing, negotiating a commission for each sale tracked on Amazon Attribution?
The agency will fund the ads with their own capital, as an affiliate would do for an affiliate network,

Dr.IM
Bump

Alicia10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 19, 2021
Jersey City, NJ

Dr.IM
Correct me if I'm wrong, with this model does the Amazon seller only pay you if they do end up with sales that are coming directly from the FB ads that this agency runs? If so, what is the commission you're looking to charge?

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast

Dr.IM
I am in the process in building a brand, starting on Amazon then moving to other distribution platforms.

I would not be interested in your proposition bc...

I would only run my FB traffic to Amazon store when starting off to ramp up my sales Amazon, but not as a long term marketing strategy.

You miss out on full access to your customer data when driving your FB traffic to Amazon store.
Email Marketing
SMS Marketing
etc.

It reminds of the time when neil patel posted an artcle on how he was spending millions of dollars buying Facebook page likes. It worked until FB killed organic reach.

Alicia10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 19, 2021
Jersey City, NJ
I am in the process in building a brand, starting on Amazon then moving to other distribution platforms.

I would not be interested in your proposition bc...

I would only run my FB traffic to Amazon store when starting off to ramp up my sales Amazon, but not as a long term marketing strategy.

You miss out on full access to your customer data when driving your FB traffic to Amazon store.
Email Marketing
SMS Marketing
etc.

It reminds of the time when neil patel posted an artcle on how he was spending millions of dollars buying Facebook page likes. It worked until FB killed organic reach.
If he's saying that the FB Abs could now be tracked to the sales made, then as long as they share the data with you, their customer, you should be able to track where your leads are coming from.

As for your customer data, if you run PPC via Amazon instead, you still don't get access to any of your customer information. You'd need to sell on your own site if you truly want to own your customer's information.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
If he's saying that the FB Abs could now be tracked to the sales made, then as long as they share the data with you, their customer, you should be able to track where your leads are coming from.

As for your customer data, if you run PPC via Amazon instead, you still don't get access to any of your customer information. You'd need to sell on your own site if you truly want to own your customer's information.
I was not talking about the PPC ads on the Amazon platform. I am talking about running your FB traffic to your website vs running FB traffic to your amazon store. I would pick running FB traffic to your store vs running FB traffic to Amazon, due to customer data access.

It doens't makes sense long term to pay for sales without collecting data on your customer base, when you have a choice to redirect that traffic to your store & collect the customer data that way.

Doctor.IM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2019
France
Correct me if I'm wrong, with this model does the Amazon seller only pay you if they do end up with sales that are coming directly from the FB ads that this agency runs? If so, what is the commission you're looking to charge?

Exact! The same way affiliate networks does!
Let's say you sell a product at $50, with $10 margin.

The commission will be something like $5.

Each sale we make will be profitable for you, so it's risk free!

Alicia10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 19, 2021
Jersey City, NJ
Exact! The same way affiliate networks does!
Let's say you sell a product at $50, with $10 margin.

The commission will be something like $5.

Each sale we make will be profitable for you, so it's risk free!
Yes, I think this is something I would consider. Obviously not as a my main source of revenue from my product(s), but it would be a risk free way to gain additional customers. Would you be willing/able to present the seller with the data of the customers that clicked on the ads that way they can use that for future marketing?

Doctor.IM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2019
France
Yes, I think this is something I would consider. Obviously not as a my main source of revenue from my product(s), but it would be a risk free way to gain additional customers. Would you be willing/able to present the seller with the data of the customers that clicked on the ads that way they can use that for future marketing?
Of course, the accounts on pixelme should be common, so access for the seller and the agency!

AmazonDon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 28, 2021
On the Amazon
I was not talking about the PPC ads on the Amazon platform. I am talking about running your FB traffic to your website vs running FB traffic to your amazon store. I would pick running FB traffic to your store vs running FB traffic to Amazon, due to customer data access.

It doens't makes sense long term to pay for sales without collecting data on your customer base, when you have a choice to redirect that traffic to your store & collect the customer data that way.
Spot on. You get much better access to customer data off platform. Amazon is notoriously stingy with customer data, especially if you're operating FBA.

Running FB ads into Amazon as a tactic to gain initial sales velocity is definitely viable. I have also seen companies mark their product out of stock on their own websites then direct customers to their Amazon PDP.

Getting those initial sales and reviews is crucial!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.