
Having absolutely no clue how the campaign manager works on Amazon, I took action anyway and this is what I've got. My budget is a $1/day since this is a test run and my keywords are low competition. As you can see I am not even getting enough clicks to spend my budget which is both good and bad. Bad because can one really make the big bucks with so little of an audience, good because I have a chance to dominate in a niche and grow.
The top row (377.25) is MANUAL, I picked the keywords myself. Even though I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and a few of my keyword choices are a little out there. I tried to think what MIGHT a buyer search for, when looking for items like mine, what MIGHT a buyer search for, when looking for items similar who would buy mine if they saw it. Products are my own brand.
The bottom row (30.75) is AUTOMATIC, Amazon picks the keywords for you. I thought that campaign would be the winner because obviously Amazon knows more than me but as you can see it's returned little money and has a high % compared to the manual campaign - 8.5 versus 1.2.
I don't actually know if my advertising cost % is very good, just okay, or terrible, but I know both campaigns are supporting themselves, I'm not losing anything. Probably I will make another campaign when I have time that's manual with some of the keywords that are more out there. I also can't read the advertising reports - when you download them it's a mess of characters that make no sense but I haven't had time to investigate. I can probably learn a lot if I can manage to figure out how to see the reports.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

