I am collecting all the necessary docs for creating a corp right now (one of my 2009 fastlane goals) and was looking through some old posts on business credit.
I'll definitely be setting up accounts to build this credit for future use and to give myself options for taking advantage of opportunities...
My question pertains to something that morphed into my brain as I was contemplating this credit and my Corp entity. My wife and I own a townhome as a second home (our first home that we could not sell due to the bubble burst) and are currently upside down in it by (I'm guessing) $15-20k. My thoughts led me to the idea that, once my business credit is well-enough established, could I short sell the home to my Corp? Essentially, because I am the only person in my corp, it would get me out of owing the $20k loss, and I might be able to get positive cashflow out of it at that point with my tenant remaining in the home.
I realize this would cause a ding on my personal credit score for a bit, but $$ is $$ in the end.
Is this possible? Legal?
I'm a total newbie to this side of the Fastlane, and I'm trying to think creatively, outside of my normal comfort zone.
Thanks in advance,
John
I'll definitely be setting up accounts to build this credit for future use and to give myself options for taking advantage of opportunities...
My question pertains to something that morphed into my brain as I was contemplating this credit and my Corp entity. My wife and I own a townhome as a second home (our first home that we could not sell due to the bubble burst) and are currently upside down in it by (I'm guessing) $15-20k. My thoughts led me to the idea that, once my business credit is well-enough established, could I short sell the home to my Corp? Essentially, because I am the only person in my corp, it would get me out of owing the $20k loss, and I might be able to get positive cashflow out of it at that point with my tenant remaining in the home.
I realize this would cause a ding on my personal credit score for a bit, but $$ is $$ in the end.
Is this possible? Legal?
I'm a total newbie to this side of the Fastlane, and I'm trying to think creatively, outside of my normal comfort zone.
Thanks in advance,
John
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
