Was observing an interesting exchange between software founders who argue against having a free plan:


I don't think many entrepreneurs would disagree..
But is a "trial" the best alternative?
It's great, but another strategy I believe can work well (especially in B2B) is the "business email" one, where anyone with a free email provider (hotmail, gmail, aol, yahoo) cannot sign up.
Limiting features or including a watermark/signature link may also work, depending on your business model.
There may be some exceptions (Jotform, Tally etc.) but I think most founders are realizing the freemium strategy is probably not the best way to go.


I don't think many entrepreneurs would disagree..
But is a "trial" the best alternative?
It's great, but another strategy I believe can work well (especially in B2B) is the "business email" one, where anyone with a free email provider (hotmail, gmail, aol, yahoo) cannot sign up.
Limiting features or including a watermark/signature link may also work, depending on your business model.
There may be some exceptions (Jotform, Tally etc.) but I think most founders are realizing the freemium strategy is probably not the best way to go.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
