The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

'alo from Canada!

bigdutchnoob

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2013
Hey everyone!

To the point here, I'm a 24 year old, still in school studying comp sci but have been working on a pet project for the past year. It's basically just a bluetooth device usable for short range tracking/monitoring/locating. It's super small and you can attach it to just about anything! Keys, slip it in your wallet, (those stupid apple tv remotes), whatever you'd like to keep tabs on. It was just a hobby for me for awhile, as someone who loses their sh*t on the daily, I could seriously use something like this. So I just kept at it, and here I am.

Now I am at the point where I have this product, prototyped and working to specifications, and have even sourced manufacturing for a decent price, though I would like it to be a bit lower so I can lower the price a bit.

I'm here to seek help from the people of FastLaneForum, and help me bring this project to reality. It's just me on this, prototypes, cad designs and electrical work was all done by a family friend (who works as an electrical engineer). That's the problem, it's just me! I have no idea what to do now, I've got a nice website almost ready to go, and am looking to start promoting this for a month or two before launching it on Kickstarter.

I'm seeking some advice, mentorship, or possibly a partner to help me bring this to fruition! I'd appreciate any advice on where to look on there boards or where to post asking for help.. Thanks a million FLFers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bigdutchnoob

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks for the reply! I worry though, that I would not be able to run a successful Kickstarter on my own. Dealing with social media, getting bloggers to talk about my product, keep backers constantly updated and making 100% sure that this goes off without a hitch. I see a lot of work in my future, and I am scared that I won't be able to handle the workload alone.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
This is exactly what outsourcing is for. Get cheap, hard working people to finish your tasks with a fixed price on all the freelancer sites

Much of business is just emailing/calling back and forth which can be done by you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...