The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All things lady...!!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Questions, concerns, how-to's, best of, anything and everything! Please don't hesitate to ask or share!

The awesome thread by @Kak HOT TOPIC Dressing For Success... Stop looking like a fool. inspired additional conversation and we didn't want to crowd that thread with too much of a female twist!

There are millions of details into that could go into the look for a business conference or perfect night out. Putting together an outfit that can be worn from work to play. How to look great on camera for virtual meetings. Which comfy clothes may be best kept at home.

Full disclosure is I'm absolutely not the expert in all things lady! I wear scrubs for work, learned through personality tests mine is most common in male college scholarship athletes, and my ugly duckling years lasted for well over a decade. :rofl: :rofl: There's hope though! Had to learn a lot over the years or I'd still be mistaken for a boy at basketball camp.

Can't wait to share and discover more! We have some ladies here that will be able to help us all out in their according areas of expertise and YT can teach us everything! @Primeperiwinkle we're looking at you for your guidance in historical power! @blueyedgibson is a wonderful resource for athletics! @becks22 has brought up incredibly relevant and great topics!

With it getting much cooler out for northern hemisphere, should we start with looks for winter and holidays?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I have been tagged by someone wonderful. I shall now a historical female archetype from which to draw some ideas...

You have heard of samurai, their strength, their discipline, their focus, yes?

But have you perhaps heard of the Onna-Bugeisha or Female Warriors? They predate samurai and were fierce af. The first of these was an empress around 200 AD who was so incredibly cool that she went out to war pregnant and conquered an army!

You may find this rabbit hole more delightful than you ever imagined...

My point is that whatever we wear it should correspond to our role in both practical and symbolic ways. I really like this pic but to get some more cool ideas you’re going to have to Google. I like the idea that you can see whether a woman is in fact a woman from far away but not because she’s projecting sexiness or sex appeal but rather because she’s clothed in ways that make her confidence and strength obvious.
49404BA2-9DBF-4DDD-9F48-9B99FCD8195C.png

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Holiday season...

While completely embracing the excitement and spirit of giving, most years my mind goes blank on what presents to buy for a few people.

If you're feeling that this year, the following ideas are for fun! (And the ideas are for anyone, I just used 'she' in the spirit of the thread!)

(there are so many other ways to show cheer, love, generosity, and anticipation for a new year without presents or purchasing anything! Cheers all!)

* Did she ask for something in particular? Easy win! Play it extra safe and buy The. Exact. Thing. she asked for. : ) You can find a matching item to go with it if you'd like bonus points. Or wrap the box inside of a box inside of a box so it's still a surprise (there's as much fun in the anticipation and opening for some, heh)

* Are there items in her Amazon cart or 'Saved for Later'? - (Be careful and avoid anything like makeup as it's easy to fake, buy from the original companies)

* Most things related to hobbies are always a go. New books (maybe with a cozy blanket and amazing candle for reading), new sports equipment, supplies for arts, cookbooks and fun new kitchen items. The beauty in these things are that they are also experiences. You may not be buying a ticket to a concert or sporting event (which in other years is super cool too) and yet they're related to activities and even things to do together.

* Do you know your significant other's love language? If not, get her the book or do the online quiz and design an entire themed present around her language.

* There are times when a gift certificate is the way to go. Pair it with a handwritten card, bottle of her favorite wine, and chocolates..

* Exercise equipment is another area to use caution, lol : ) If she's asked for a treadmill then by all means she'd probably like it. If she hasn't asked.. or discussed.. or in any way mentioned wanting something like that, then it might be a much better idea to go on walks/runs together or buy it for yourself.

* Is there some project she's asked for? A remodel on a part of the house, sauna, sorting the garage, a garden... show her a design and timeline of what you have in mind, have a design from the professional, or do it and surprise her.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.