The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alaina Samuels: New business to be made

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2013
Hello I am Alaina Samuels and I am an entrepreneur. I am currently planning to build a gamer's longue:

Quick Pitch

Game lounge aimed to provide a fun place for everyone to play games, socialize, and have a great time in a family friendly atmosphere!
The Press Play Gamers Lounge will be a quaint video game and food service lounge located in Fredericksburg, VA. The lounge will be known for individual and multiplayer game play, great conversation, and a very family friendly environment. It will be the place in Fredericksburg to connect with others who share the same passion for gaming.
History has proven that new business ventures fail at an astounding rate, however an increased trend in gamers of all age plan to be the catalyst needed to overcome historic trends. The Press Play Gamers Lounge, further plans to combat this hurdle by finally offering gamers the ability to “get out” and interact with others face to face, as they play their favorite games and get introduced to new ones. The Press Play Gamers Lounge will offer a new and exciting gathering place for all area gamers.

Product/Service Details
Area gamers will be invited to partake in competitive, individualized, and family oriented game play in a public setting where they can interact with other gamers who share a similar interest.
In addition to Microsoft X-Box, Sony PlayStation 3 or 4, and Nintendo Wii consoles, the Press Play Gamers Lounge will also provide Wi-Fi networks for online game play. Other features of Press Play Gamers Lounge include food and drink offering, and a small retail store, where customers can purchase a variety of video games and accessories. Gaming Birthday Parties, and Competitive Tournaments will also be a draw to bring crowds of gamers to the lounge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
I wish you well in your new venture.

However, I question how entrepreneurial it is to ask others to "help" you by giving or "donating" money to you. I have no brick and mortar retail knowledge, but others here likely do. Asking people to share ideas and expertise might get you further along with people. Information will get you a lot further in being an entrepreneur than a $25 donation.

Clayton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2012
San Diego
Be sure to talk to those already running game lounges in other areas. They always seem to be owned by very giving people.

As for the business its self, I've seen some fail and others just barely survive, but I haven't seen one really be successful. At least not in the US. In South Korea and China, it's a different story.

Finally, I love Fredericksburg. My Facebook cover photo is still from the time we sneaked into the old quarry to swim.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
As for the business its self, I've seen some fail and others just barely survive, but I haven't seen one really be successful. At least not in the US. In South Korea and China, it's a different story.

That's a good point. If I were you, Alaina, in addition to all the advice suggested above, I'd be breaking down business models of the successful gaming cafes overseas and seeing what can be incorporated into your business for a better chance at success. Granted the culture and what-not is very different overseas, these guys have internet cafes and game lounges down to science. I'm sure there's plenty to be learned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...