What's new

Agency Agreement to Increase Product Range?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Lee Wright

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
117
Location
Orange, NSW, Australia
Rep Bank
$590
User Power: 95%
I run a small event hire business in a regional town. I provide AV gear, tables, chairs etc. One thing I don't do is large tents. People often ask me for these but I've avoided doing them as they're a lot of work, expense, liability, specialised knowledge etc. The problem is that I'm pretty certain I miss out on a lot of work for my equipment because I'm not a one-stop-shop. For example if someone hires a tent they're going to need tables, chairs, AV etc but my competitor in the next town half an hour away provides all that gear so I suspect that they supply a complete package & I miss out.
1610143712767.webp

I have a good relationship with a company that just does tents in a different town about an hour & a half away. I sub hired them the other day for an event. I'm not keen on the sub hiring model though because:
-I'm liable if anything goes wrong e.g. tent collapses.
-I have to find the money to pay them in advance which could be a lot if the client doesn't pay or cancels last minute.
-The revenue I get from my gear is relatively small compared to the cost of the tent. Eg. I might hire $1K worth of gear but have to fork out $4K for the tent.

I've been thinking about an agency agreement where I list their tents on my website & get a 10% commission but the agreement for the tent hire part is still legally between the tent supplier & the customer. The benefits to me are:
-I get the customer so I can hire them my gear.
-I get a commission on the tent.
-I don't have the legal or financial responsibility for the tent.

The benefits to the customer over going direct are:
-Can deal with someone local for site inspections etc
-I have a better website
-I've got better AV gear (my specialty)

The benefits to the tent hire company are:
-Get new clients in a much larger town
-I do a fair bit of the sales work, site inspections etc
-The other company doesn't show up in Google local search (since they're too far away)

Has anyone had experience with agency agreements? Does this sound like a good idea or is it too messy?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Tiint moli vji sohjv nuwi gsun e catopitt tvepfquopv. O xuamf veml vu ep evvuspiz piyv et vjisi esi ataemmz mihem duptofisevoupt vjev dep ci ietz vu uwismuul xovj ehsiinipvt moli vjev
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom