The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Age race? Young vs. Old?

Aragorn

Still working in obscurity
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 1, 2018
Europe
I came across an article I wanted to share with you guys:
How Old Are Successful Tech Entrepreneurs?

In short, it turns the spotlight to the urban legend that in order to become a successful (tech) entrepreneur one needs to be young. The older you get the more probable entrepreneurial success . The authors feed that with facts.

Personally, I consider youth has great advantages:
  • Independence
  • Curiosity
  • Ample time to compensate for (expensive) mistakes
  • At the pulse of new developments
  • Young folks tend to network naturally (they hang out with others as compared with the more reclusive life of a family)
  • Naivety in a positive sense (life's not as complex yet)

On the other hand life experience helps aspiring entrepreneurs a great deal:
  • Experience in life and job (a more practical approach; knowing better what is possible)
  • More likely to take calculated risks
  • More substantial and less superficial goals
  • Identifying niches at the interface between old and new economy (because ideally they know both worlds and how to talk to representatives of both worlds)
I don't consider age a go or no-go criterium for entrepreneurship. It is deviating the discussion from its core: Most everyone cannot be an entrepreneur, because of:
  • Missing courage
  • Lacking stamina
  • Absent brains
  • Reduced creativity
  • Outright laziness
This has nothing to do with age. It is a question of character and personal development. There are people who are born entrepreneurs like there are born artists or mathematicians. And there are those who gradually develop into entrepreneurs. Those who need to go a long way before their talents emerge. To me, either way is fine.

Any questions and suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.