The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliate Marketing in 2022

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I've been in and out of affiliate marketing for some time now but wonder if its still a way to generate income?

It's especially attractive for me as I currently have a full time job and allows me to work at my pace but I hear some people say its incredibly difficult to be successful these days with larger companies with big budgets and resources have entered the playing field.

I am part of a well known group / training program for affiliate marketing that has members making considerable money but not sure if its fake users or not. The training program owner sells many services to help affiliate website owners so I always wonder if the success stories are mostly rigged?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

notorious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Dec 29, 2021
I'm also looking to get into this. I found that the best people to learn from are Matt Giovanisci and Miles Beckler. They're people who actually do this themselves and make a great living from it, while discussing what works and doesn't work.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I’ve found the best training series with people claiming to make 50-100K monthly but not sure if the claims are real.

As for why AM business - with a full time job and a child it seems to fit within my schedule

Although I am acutely aware how it violates control
Any other side business ideas for those with limited time? I estimate I only have 10-20 hours a week extra

Last edited:

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I'm kind of in the same position. Have been on and off for years. My best days have been 4 figures ... it didn't last long.

There are definitely people making big money still. But it's not as easy as "gurus" want you to believe.
The big advantage is that you are super flexible in what you promote and when you work.
The downside is that you have to deal with all kinds of crap like offers going down, fraud traffic, advertisers scrubbing your leads, competitors stealing your campaigns ...
If you put in the work it's probably one of the fastest ways to make money but it won't be "on autopilot" or easy.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I'm kind of in the same position. Have been on and off for years. My best days have been 4 figures ... it didn't last long.

There are definitely people making big money still. But it's not as easy as "gurus" want you to believe.
The big advantage is that you are super flexible in what you promote and when you work.
The downside is that you have to deal with all kinds of crap like offers going down, fraud traffic, advertisers scrubbing your leads, competitors stealing your campaigns ...
If you put in the work it's probably one of the fastest ways to make money but it won't be "on autopilot" or easy.
Have you thought about making websites? I’ve floated around that idea abs have done a few but think it becomes more demanding than AM because of clients

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Have you thought about making websites? I’ve floated around that idea abs have done a few but think it becomes more demanding than AM because of clients
You mean making websites for clients? That's a big hassle and there is always someone in another part of the world who can do it cheaper. I know that MJ got started making websites, but I'm not sure if it's still viable nowadays. On the other hand there is some thread about it here in the forum. It's just not for me because it's not scalable (until you build like an agency with developers) but might be good to make a few dollars without getting a job.

I'm focusing currently on building a website for my own product: Generating traffic via SEO and then building a SaaS product. You can follow my progress here: SEO + SaaS = Trust the process?

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Yes, affiliate marketing is a viable business model (and will continue to be for many moons to come).

That said, it still requires 80% of the grunt work as creating/selling your own product would.

You still have to research your market and understand their pain points...
You still need to identify where in the sales cycle your prospects are...
You still need to know how to drive people to an offer...
And you still need to know how to sell them on said offer.

Plenty of affiliate marketers make their commissions by sending people straight to an offer (e.g. via paid ads).

Personally, I think they're selling themselves short.

Building an audience... establishing rapport with that audience... and promoting various offers to them over a longer period of time seems far more sensible (read: sustainable) to me.

That way, you're building an asset that's resistant to sudden policy changes and ad account shutdowns.

And as for vendors pulling the plug on you?

(Unlikely if you've picked a great product that helps your market and you're generating truckloads of sales, but anyway...)

Simply find a new offer.

Sure, you might curse some colourful words or even take a cold shower to cool off, but I struggle to see another business model that lends such nimbleness.

That's why affiliate marketing isn't going anywhere.

But the main takeaway point here is this

You must treat AM like any other business. People first, profit second.

Good luck.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
I've been in and out of affiliate marketing for some time now but wonder if it's still a way to generate income?

It's especially attractive for me as I currently have a full-time job that allows me to work at my pace but I hear some people say it's incredibly difficult to be successful these days with larger companies with big budgets and resources that have entered the playing field.

I am part of a well-known group/training program for affiliate marketing that has members making considerable money but not sure if its fake users or not. The training program owner sells many services to help affiliate website owners so I always wonder if the success stories are mostly rigged?
It's possible to make money from affiliate marketing but I think it violates the commandment of control. It's also competitive depending on your niche, if you plan to focus mainly on SEO, it's gonna be tough.

notorious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Dec 29, 2021
Yes, affiliate marketing is a viable business model (and will continue to be for many moons to come).

That said, it still requires 80% of the grunt work as creating/selling your own product would.

You still have to research your market and understand their pain points...
You still need to identify where in the sales cycle your prospects are...
You still need to know how to drive people to an offer...
And you still need to know how to sell them on said offer.

Plenty of affiliate marketers make their commissions by sending people straight to an offer (e.g. via paid ads).

Personally, I think they're selling themselves short.

Building an audience... establishing rapport with that audience... and promoting various offers to them over a longer period of time seems far more sensible (read: sustainable) to me.

That way, you're building an asset that's resistant to sudden policy changes and ad account shutdowns.

And as for vendors pulling the plug on you?

(Unlikely if you've picked a great product that helps your market and you're generating truckloads of sales, but anyway...)

Simply find a new offer.

Sure, you might curse some colourful words or even take a cold shower to cool off, but I struggle to see another business model that lends such nimbleness.

That's why affiliate marketing isn't going anywhere.

But the main takeaway point here is this

You must treat AM like any other business. People first, profit second.

Good luck.
That's actually how many do it I believe. They use the original ad to get traffic in, sign them up on an email list and them also send them affliate offers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.