The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aff Methods

thetalover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Sep 30, 2009
Fantastic thread! Yes please answer those questions and I'd also like to know... I have a lot of knowledge in a specific area of health. I've tried to get set up as an affiliate to sell the products associated with this particular health subject but don't seem to know how to go about it. I know others are making money from this and it can be done if you're serious about it and live the lifestyle to prove you are serious. (I do and I am.)

I've tried affiliate stuff and have gotten nowhere fast. Obviously, I am doing something wrong!!!

Please explain more about not have to drop ship. How to associate with another company's products and sell them from your own site for a percentage. THAT is what I want to know. No shipping or post office runs. No warehouse needed. Or is there another section of the site I should read up on this?

I hope my questions are appropriate to the subject matter. Still a newbie here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Have you tried an email campaign to gain followers? Use a service like aweber and post interesting news within your niche and then toss in deals, coupons, etc, with your affiliate links. That usually helps.

ATL_JB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 11, 2009
Atlanta GA
mtnman,

So do you use the same template for creating your sites? Also, so do have any inventory or just use drop shipping sources?

James

thetalover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Sep 30, 2009
Wow! Thanks sm media! I didn't know about aweber and feel quite embarassed to not know about them. That is a great tip! I am just about to close on a house (a dream house) so once that is done and in place, I am going to work on your suggestion. Terrific idea.

Already, this forum has gotten my fastlane wheels a turnin'!

I love it!

Re: James question to mtnman. Yes, I would like to know that as well!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, I will try to take this thread a little deeper based on your example. Some of the answers I think I have some ideas for, but want to hear it from your lips or your fingers so to speak, so here goes-

1. On your handbag site what elements of it are considered part of your on site SEO in anything yet.

2. What plugins/software/ whatever term is correct are you using to accomplish bring over your products to the site?

3. What steps are you taking off site for SEO to move you up in google?

4. What else are you doing with this site that I would not even know enough to ask about?

bump for my questions since I see Matt is here right now.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
ok, I will try to take this thread a little deeper based on your example. Some of the answers I think I have some ideas for, but want to hear it from your lips or your fingers so to speak, so here goes-

1. On your handbag site what elements of it are considered part of your on site SEO in anything yet.

2. What plugins/software/ whatever term is correct are you using to accomplish bring over your products to the site?

3. What steps are you taking off site for SEO to move you up in google?

4. What else are you doing with this site that I would not even know enough to ask about?

<bump by yordy> good call! :)

There's a more in depth writeup coming on how to build that exact site quickly. It's just a lot to type and I have to get it done!

1. the "anything yet" part is throwing me for a loop. On site seo strong points are the content. fresh content daily, and meaty. Not sure if it's done yet, but that site runs on wordpress, so title tags, alt tag replacement/alternate plugin, permalinks. I would be doing automated internal linking with word/character anchor text replacements, but it interferes with my intent and click through procedure. If I care to extend some effort into this, I will add a category or install and remove it from the index post loop. Import articles and questions on the subject matter, and then run an internal link script that alternates character replacement and anchor text, based on the latest auction posts fetched by the cronjob, and add in the product names to feed the auction. The issue with this is that these are auctions. They expire. It's piss poor user experience if I set up a link system like that and don't prune it. I'm not interested in that much effort or creating a script to do it automatically. The auctions do it automatically, but a redirect links script after they've been indexed I'm not interested in.

2. This answer is complex and long, but coming. There's many many ways to do this and I don't wanna hand you a nightmare of a recommendation. I don't like phpbay for the record. Hold tight, I'll figure out an easy to use (questionable as I get eslapped lol) configuration.

3. Nothing right now. I literally built it that night because Inphinity asked about it. No better way to understand then to see it in front of ya. What will I do if I really want it to make me money? Buy some link packages. Blog commenting. Sig links. Feeder site network. Social Bookmarking (paid). Private network bookmarking. Drip feed directory submissions (almost worthless). That should get it started.

4. I don't know. lol Probably content mashing and post templates. When I get into it, I will mod out the post template to incorporate related cpa offers, amazon products, and so on based on category. What does that mean? My own targeted ad system that is content based = relevant offers while keeping decent UI. Yahoo answers questions related to the topic and some youtube videos. There's more choices.... and many options, but this is one way.

Oh and please note, I don't know everything there is to know about this stuff. I make mistakes like everyone else and get shit wrong, so don't take what I say as "word." I just "wanted it" bad enough way back when, dedicated myself, and learned how to make money. There are many people that are way better at this than me. So always know that there are other ways to do these things and mine might not be the best way. I'm not a coder either... most of mine is nasty, the little that I do.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
For those who use Wordpress make sure to get the plugin aLinks. It will really save time and make you more thorough in your affiliate programs. Learn to become a pro at it and concentrate on keyword rich phrases...

Enjoy!

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I pulled up this thread after doing a search for auto generated content.

I really like the idea of auto generated content, IF it is done right (i.e. spam vs. value). I remember reading some other threads on this forum about auto blogs and such and I thought I could find them.

Anyway, mtnman your handbad site is essentially what I'm interested in and would like to re-open this discussion to talk about various things.

Here is one auto-blog that I found that is pretty clean looking and is generated from yahoo answers, twitter, video feeds and other RSS feeds.

Awesome Guitar Player

Auto generated content, if done right, is fascinating because it will allow you to scale multiple income streams without increasing your work load (fresh content is good, but keeps you busy).

Anyway, I gotta go eat dinner now... (not really, but I thought it'd fit here). Hope to continue the discussion!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
That is a nice looking site. I wonder what plugin is used for that one specifically. I personally use feedwordpress.

I was curious as to how they were able to show the feed source at the bottom of the article and keep the article full and local. My settings won't allow for that. I have to choose to redirect traffic to the original source or keep everything local (which does not provide me the ability to leave an "original source" link at the bottom of the article.

Maybe I am not using the right plugin.

Does anyone know?

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Found a pretty cool autoblogging plugin, but it's paid. There are some free versions that aren't as 'spiffy' as this one and come in separate addons from the same developer. This one combines them all plus adds more features:

WP Robot - Premium Wordpress Autoposting Plugin

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I didn't forget about this topic... there's a couple of threads floating around that need to finally be addressed. Quite a few people have asked me about this, especially when I've started a few of these threads and not finished any of them.

Why? A lot of the mashup things mentioned relied heavily on data/current feeds, and when programs like Ebay switched to QCP, it really screwed things up. (for me specifically)

Many have asked where my blog is, or something that covers this stuff. Sorry, don't have one, but will start one just for this at least to aggregate some info (YES I took the NOT SO subtle hints ;)) being that I tend to leave things hanging. <---- not intentional, and no I have nothing to sell ya, for those that asked.

But as I mentioned, the info is out there, you just have to dig it up... I do understand it's a PITA when you don't know what you're looking for. I'm getting to it, but it will take some more time. :tiphat:

WProbot is a great plugin. I've been using it for a long time since version 1. You need some hacks/techniques and other plugins though, to make your site work as a better system. Plus it doesn't promote itself, you know. ;)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Found a pretty cool autoblogging plugin, but it's paid. There are some free versions that aren't as 'spiffy' as this one and come in separate addons from the same developer. This one combines them all plus adds more features:

WP Robot - Premium Wordpress Autoposting Plugin
The RSS module can you pull in keywords from a specific RSS feed or does it just pull in all the articles from that feed??

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics