- Joined
- Jul 14, 2011
- Messages
- 310
Rep Bank
$665
$665
User Power: 40%
Ok here's the situation: I'm just trying to use Adwords to get a couple hundred visitors to a page that I'm testing for interest.
However, I can't get them to give me a good # of impressions. I'm using the display network only, because the search ads are way too expensive if I'm only using them for testing (1st page bids are $5+ a click).
I'm currently bidding $.8 and I'm sure I could raise my bid up to something like $3 to get impressions, but I don't have the budget for that. I just have 1 ad group with about 100 keywords in it (again, just targeting the display network, so I don't think I need the super-targeted ad groups like you do in search).
Anyone experienced with Adwords? I used to use Adwords a couple years ago when the thing to do was make hyper-targeted adgroups and crazy ad texts. However, that was for search ads. How do you use Adwords effectively today?
However, I can't get them to give me a good # of impressions. I'm using the display network only, because the search ads are way too expensive if I'm only using them for testing (1st page bids are $5+ a click).
I'm currently bidding $.8 and I'm sure I could raise my bid up to something like $3 to get impressions, but I don't have the budget for that. I just have 1 ad group with about 100 keywords in it (again, just targeting the display network, so I don't think I need the super-targeted ad groups like you do in search).
Anyone experienced with Adwords? I used to use Adwords a couple years ago when the thing to do was make hyper-targeted adgroups and crazy ad texts. However, that was for search ads. How do you use Adwords effectively today?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
