The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

adwords- bid is below first page estimate.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
my account says this for all my keywords. Obviously my competition is paying more.... and im getting no clicks, does this mean i MUST up the CPC i pay in order to actually get clicks. It is giving me estimates on first page keywords, should i just keep bidding until i get to the first page?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It also means your ad verbiage isn't drawing clicks. Refine your copy to draw clicks and get higher. A better CTR will raise you up.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You need to do two things:

Increase the CPC
Increase your quality score

Are you using exact search or broad search?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
im doing

"xyz" so its exact phrase.

My quality score it terrible most are 3/10 and the best i have seen is 6/10.

I am new at this so i do not know how to increase quality score. A big problem is to do onsite seo is tough im ok with it but my developer wants to try to kill me everytime i mod the site. Is there some easy way to edit my onsite seo, is this even what needs to be done in order to increase score.

I increased budget on 3 keywords, i believe its still way above others but somehow it still does not show.

also this is for a 15 mile radius from a specific location only with exact phrase match.

so in the beginning my problem was it said

Below first page big, so i increased price.

Now it says eligible but i am getting 0 clicks

thank you everyone i appreciate your experience and knowledge.

ImageShack.us

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
im doing

"xyz" so its exact phrase.

[xyz] is exact match

You need to change the content on your page to increase the quality score.

What's the min first page big for the one with the 6/10 quality score?

andy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 28, 2010
UK
As it's already been stated on here, look at upping your bid and also altering your page content to make it more relevant to the ad.

I've always found that bidding high at the beginning to establish the campaign, before lowering the bid to position yourself accordingly has worked, but this can vary from marketer to industry, but may be something worth considering.

How much time did you spend on keyword research? From the screenshot you have provided it would seem that the adverts are not even getting any impressions, is this correct?

One things for certain, when the visitors do start arriving you will want to make sure you are tracking what terms are converting :)

EDITED TO ADD:
You currently have it set to phrase match, which means your ads will be showing for any searches that include that phrase such as

"free ny window installations"

Where as exact will be exactly what you want the search to be.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
ok i finally got 11 impressions on the 3/10 quality by paying a ton of money. But now what i did is this. lowered those back to .99c and went to my 7/10 quality and am going to increase budget here.

I have about 50 keywords, i feel this is tough because you almost need to know which keywords will perform best because otherwise you have to optimize 50 keywords for your site and see which have a better CTR, then increase budget on those?

Although only 5 or 6 keywords have a 6/10 and 7/10 quality i am increasing those because my cost will be cheaper than getting a 3/10 keyword to rank but it still does not mean it may have the best CTR.

What is the proper way, what would a pro do?

I feel you almost need to have a 7 or 8/10 content for all 50 keywords, get them first page, then see who has best CTR?

Next problem is going to be the ad content, so just because 25 of the keywords have best CTR maybe it just because my ad says

Get a free estimate but if it said Free estimates today it might have a better CTR.

This seems to be something you almost can not perfect because of too many variables. Advice please

Everyone thank you i just joined a community of people who sell e-commerce so im going to start going and picking their brain but i really appreciate it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Next problem is going to be the ad content, so just because 25 of the keywords have best CTR maybe it just because my ad says

Get a free estimate but if it said Free estimates today it might have a better CTR.

This seems to be something you almost can not perfect because of too many variables. Advice please

Easy, just make the ads the same. Change only your keywords. Now you can compare only 1 variable.

andy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 28, 2010
UK
Easy, just make the ads the same. Change only your keywords. Now you can compare only 1 variable.

Totally agree with this, you will find it easier either creating 1 ad and seeing how this does, or creating 2 ads, and split testing them, after so many clicks change the lowest performing ad for a new one, and so on. Although going past which has the highest CTR to find out which one actually provides the CONVERSIONS is the next stage!!

Testing is a constant process to achieve the best figures.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
sorry to confuse i am only using 1 ad for all keywords but you understood what i meant just because keyword does bad does not mean the keyword is bad, the content for that keyword could just not be a good match.

I am still having trouble figuring out how much to pay for each. i have a keywords ranking 7/10 but it says ad not showing (wont tell you why) im paying 2.68 rite now for this word but no clicks

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Each keyword needs an ad that contains that keyword and promises that whatever that keyword is, is on your site. That's how you increase your CTR.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
really? so you will have different campaigns for different keywords?

so if i search "tv" my ad can say

Find the best prices on TV's!

but if i also sell radios and someone searches radios my ad will say

Find the best prices on Radio's!

otherwise you are stuck with

Find the best prices on Electronics!

So can you have multiple ads inside one campaign or do you need tons of campaigs just to target one of a few keywords per ad.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
It may pay to have a landing page for each keyword...

Example, green pumpkins

So in the ad it may say..."Buy Green Pumpkins, blah blah"

Then in your url, have something "greenpumpkins"

Then in your title..."Free shipping on all Green Pumpkins purchased"

Then have the keyword in your content.

I am a newbie with PPC but I do know our quality score and price per click is reflected by how relevant your ad (is keyword in ad, content, title, url?) is to the keyword you are bidding in.

Finally, you just got to experiment and experiment...

TheRiskTaken

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2010
No need to do that page for each keyword stuff. I have a script that will dynamically replace a field on your page with the searched keyword. Are you using 202?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.