The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on what to do with $10k

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Hello to all fastlane members,

I am am currently a college student (19 years old male ) and going to be in the final year in a couple of months. I would like to seek advice from you people out there regarding this major thought that keeps lingering on my mind. Basically, i have kept aside $10,000 in the bank and have not decided on what i should use it for. The optimum choice for me right now is to save it for my future. I don't have any debts btw.

Another route is to grow my wealth. I know that there are various ways in which someone can grow wealth but for someone that is inexperienced in the business world, i think that it can be risky ? Looking at my situation: If you were me, what would you do with that amount of money?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
Save it.

Read more. Learn more. Do more.

Plenty of GOLD mines here on this forum that if you read and take action on, you'll make money.

What you spend your money on though is up to you. But I would research till I feel like it's time to take action.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Save it.

Read more. Learn more. Do more.

Plenty of GOLD mines here on this forum that if you read and take action on, you'll make money.

What you spend your money on though is up to you. But I would research till I feel like it's time to take action.

Yes absolutely Mark, I do agree fully on the importance of self-improvement. Thank you for being the first to response. I'll remember you!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Deploy it into a business / Living expenses if you find yourself without income. I wouldn't focus on what to do with $X but what you can do and how $X can possibly help.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Take $1,000 and start hustling the buy sell game.

If you are from the US, craigslist is gold.

Use: Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon, Thrift Stores, Pawn Shops, Garage Sales, auctions etc.

Find out what items are profitable and go to town.

Most people start buying and selling with a couple hundred bucks, if done right you could turn a $1k investment into a major cash stream.

Just make sure you know what your buying before purchasing. Ebay (sold) listings is a great resource for pricing items.

Anyway, as mentioned above. There are countless ways to spend the money.

Just make sure to do your homework before buying into anything.

19 years old, 10k in the bank, and a member of the forum. Your in a great spot my friend.

Good luck!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Its is difficult to give advice as we dont know what your skills are! You could be great at hustling/flipping items or you could be terrible.

Make sure that whatever you do decide on that you think on it for months before you pull the trigger, I really mean months! Some ideas will look like shit weeks after you thought they were amazing. Let the idea stew in your mind for months and if its still as powerful then go for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.