The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on 2 paths

WillV

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 27, 2023
Hello! I have 2 potential paths to go for, one is to create my business, dedicate time to it and develop my branding and influence | and the other is to take a job as a sales reps at a new SMMA business with 10% comission per client.
I am not sure as to what i should do.
I know through the commandment of control the better option should be business, but the job as a sales reps would give me a 1 week, 7 lessons, course on learning how to outreach, target, filter clients and deliver sales, which i will also need to do for my business.
So my doubt is wether as to the lessons/skills i could learn in that job would be worth for me to slow down on my business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FrYo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 15, 2020
FRANCE
Hello, from my perspective, i think that you ask yourself the wrong question.
The business opportunity and the job opportunity shouldn't be put at the same level to your eyes. The job should be seen only as a way to survive, in other term ask yourself what if you had your rent paid, your groceries paid and all your bills paid, would you go for the job and leave the business for an 'uncertain' after or would you jump directly to the business and try growing it ? All of this depends on if you can live without the job.

ps: The training provided by the job might be good but don't believe that you cannot train yourself by your own: set any small business to sell products even without profits and you may have the same training or even better one.

WillV

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 27, 2023
Hello, from my perspective, i think that you ask yourself the wrong question.
The business opportunity and the job opportunity shouldn't be put at the same level to your eyes. The job should be seen only as a way to survive, in other term ask yourself what if you had your rent paid, your groceries paid and all your bills paid, would you go for the job and leave the business for an 'uncertain' after or would you jump directly to the business and try growing it ? All of this depends on if you can live without the job.

ps: The training provided by the job might be good but don't believe that you cannot train yourself by your own: set any small business to sell products even without profits and you may have the same training or even better one.
I think i see what your trying to say, seems like the better choice in my case, i can live without the job, would be to go for the business nonetheless and learn from other free sources without putting the business to a slowdown.
Thank you.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Mar 15, 2023
Hello! I have 2 potential paths to go for, one is to create my business, dedicate time to it and develop my branding and influence | and the other is to take a job as a sales reps at a new SMMA business with 10% comission per client.
I am not sure as to what i should do.
I know through the commandment of control the better option should be business, but the job as a sales reps would give me a 1 week, 7 lessons, course on learning how to outreach, target, filter clients and deliver sales, which i will also need to do for my business.
So my doubt is wether as to the lessons/skills i could learn in that job would be worth for me to slow down on my business?
What business are you planning to start? What problems does it solve? What skills do you already have to leverage?

I would take the sales job without a thought. Sales is one of the best, if not the best, skill to learn. And in this case you get to paid to learn and apply it.

You won't be taking the job to earn but to learn. Once you have mastered the skill and see no more potential growth, you quit and start a business, or take another job to build another skill.

On the other hand, if the opportunity cost of not starting the business is too high, then start a business. You can also start a business while doing the job. That's how I see it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.